Wedding Invitations & Paper

A few Save the Dates questions

A few questions about save the dates

1. when writing the return address, if we don't live together at this time, who's address do I put down? If I did 'The Conklin-Sharp Wedding' for the name, would my home address be acceptable?

2. If we send a STD to a guest, and we plan on giving them a plus one, but are unsure on the name, do we put Name and Guest? Or do we wait until the invitation for that?

3. For a June wedding, is November too early for save the dates?

Re: A few Save the Dates questions

• itzMSitzMS member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment

A few questions about save the dates

1. when writing the return address, if we don't live together at this time, who's address do I put down? If I did 'The Conklin-Sharp Wedding' for the name, would my home address be acceptable?

2. If we send a STD to a guest, and we plan on giving them a plus one, but are unsure on the name, do we put Name and Guest? Or do we wait until the invitation for that?

3. For a June wedding, is November too early for save the dates?

1. Use whatever address you'd like gifts sent to. People did start to send us gifts as soon as STDs were sent out.

2. It doesn't really matter. If they are single and you are 100% sure you'll be giving them a guest, it is okay to put "and guest" so they can start to make any travel arrangements. Otherwise, it's not necessary. If they are seeing someone though, you must find out that person's name.

3. Nope, that is fine. We sent out STDs in January for an August wedding.

• itzMSitzMS member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment

Just wanted to add that you shouldn't use your "real" name on this site as your username. This is an international forum and using your real name isn't very safe.

• thank you for the tips and that very smart point!
  • For STDs, we put just our address, no names. For the RSVPs, we put The Smith/Jones Wedding and our address. We didn't include "and guest" on STDs, only on invitations. 

What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards