Wedding Etiquette Forum

Quick question as a guest

My fiance's cousin is getting married next week. Is it ok if I get an updo as a guest? I was thinking a simple 2 french braid updo with a messy bun... I have a long black dress Im wearing.

Re: Quick question as a guest

• My fiance's cousin is getting married next week. Is it ok if I get an updo as a guest? I was thinking a simple 2 french braid updo with a messy bun... I have a long black dress Im wearing.
    Yep. You can wear whatever you want to a wedding and that includes how you decide to style your hair. If you want to pay $$$ to have someone else do your hair for you, go for it.
  • why wouldn't you be allowed to? 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker whatshouldwecallweddings.tumblr.com
  • That's definitely fine.  You're free to style your hair however you would like.
  • Why couldn't you???  I'm confused by this question...is there someone out there that says updo's are no-no's?  Anyhow, rock your hair however you'd like (minus the veil as a PP already pointed out)

June 1, 2013 - finally making it official!

• I've done my own updos to weddings, and they were a bit more ornate and formal than what you described. You can do whatever you want with your hair (although I'd suggest not setting it on fire while it's still on your head).
     Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @Addie - that looks like something from the Hunger Games

You can def. wear your hair however you want.  The biggest problem is wearing a white dress.  So as long as you aren't wearing a fancy white dress and an updo your good. 
  • @AddieL73, the woman who did my hair for a wedding I was in last summer tried to fashion it into a giant bow, similar to that! She kept telling me she was doing something "really cool" and since she was the owner of the salon, I figured she knew what she was doing. The bride came over to see how it was going and got a look of horror on her face and walked away to figure out what to do. No one wanted to insult the owner  but once she was finished with it, she finally picked up on the fact that I was very unhappy with my hair and had someone else do it all over. I can't believe we didn't get a picture of my giant hair bow...
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • gmcr78gmcr78 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    cbrown828 said:
    @AddieL73, the woman who did my hair for a wedding I was in last summer tried to fashion it into a giant bow, similar to that! She kept telling me she was doing something "really cool" and since she was the owner of the salon, I figured she knew what she was doing. The bride came over to see how it was going and got a look of horror on her face and walked away to figure out what to do. No one wanted to insult the owner  but once she was finished with it, she finally picked up on the fact that I was very unhappy with my hair and had someone else do it all over. I can't believe we didn't get a picture of my giant hair bow...

That's horrible.

For my sister's wedding I brought in a picture of what I wanted.  I was facing away from the mirror for a lot of the time so by the time I noticed the hack job this chick was doing, it was too late to fix it.  My hair looked nothing like the picture and I was extremely upset.  I fixed what I could on my own but it was awful.

• @gmcr78 That's exactly what happened to me. I showed her a picture of what I wanted, and she spun me around from the mirror and started doing whatever she wanted. It would have maybe been cute on a little girl, but not a 27 year old MOH in a fancy wedding. I was in tears and the bride was tugging at my hair before she realized we were all unhappy with it.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • As long as you don't plan to wear white or ivory, I think everything else goes for wear- including your hair! :D
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • gmcr78gmcr78 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    cbrown828 said:
    @gmcr78 That's exactly what happened to me. I showed her a picture of what I wanted, and she spun me around from the mirror and started doing whatever she wanted. It would have maybe been cute on a little girl, but not a 27 year old MOH in a fancy wedding. I was in tears and the bride was tugging at my hair before she realized we were all unhappy with it.
    Ugh, I feel your pain!  I swore off updos after that.  It was my first one. :(
  • be sure to wear white too
    Is this another attempt at trying to be funny?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • AddieL73 said: That's fine. Unless, of course, you're planning this:
    So I
    shouldn't wear my hair like this at my wedding?... is that what you're saying?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards