Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Confused - Cash Bars are Rude?

13»

Re: Confused - Cash Bars are Rude?

• Options
    MeghanBangBangs, I'm terrified of what might go on at those parties. 

What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    30,000 people in a survey isn't a big deal?  Is it possible that people may like alcohol who aren't alcoholics? If people like alcohol they must be drunk at kids birthday parties? creepy!

• Options
    No, but you said dry weddings are boring, so I was pointing out other boring events that don't normally include alcohol and yet people manage to survive and not make an issue of it. And oh, good. You brought out the same gif I gave you yesterday, Sasquatch.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options

Question: who here understands the basics of good polling and survey methodologies?

• Options
    Good introduction for those of you easily swayed by "surveys."

Don't worry guys, I have the Wedding Police AND the Whambulance on speed dial!
  • Options
    HuckSCHuckSC member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    PDKH said:

Question: who here understands the basics of good polling and survey methodologies?

I did my non-thesis special project on the state DOT using online polling to gather information from residents of the state. This included sampling methods and sources like paper, telephone, online etc. Do I count @PDKH ?
  • Options
    What does dictionary.com say about sampling bias? Or should we head over to wikipedia for that?

Anniversary

• Options
    AddieL73 said:
    I think Sasquatch is back. 
    I think so:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPfEqn8RTys

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• Options
    Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

• Options
    AddieL73 said:
    I think Sasquatch is back. 
    I think so:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPfEqn8RTys
    Oh no... Is this a joke?

So embarrassing. lol

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    It's a social lubricant. It will make a boring wedding more fun.  Is that such an awful thing?  People who normally don't dance will dance! People will stay later.  People will have more fun.  ;-)

• Options
    @knotporscha can you please review the flag I got I this thread - I have no idea how the flagged thinks it violates TOS.

Sasquatch is real!!!
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    I can't wait until my wedding so I can come back and say how awesome it was despite the fact that it was dry.
  • Options
    It's a social lubricant. It will make a boring wedding more fun.  Is that such an awful thing?  People who normally don't dance will dance! People will stay later.  People will have more fun.  ;-)

Personally, I, too, would rather have a cash bar than a dry wedding, but I also don't have a problem with cash bars. But that doesn't mean that I would be anything but a gracious guest. I also understand that offering a cash bar isn't being a good host, even though I, personally, don't mind them. 

Etiquette is a series of rules to follow to be a good host. Just because a poll says that a lot of people don't mind cash bars, doesn't mean that it's okay to do. You might not upset most of your guests with a cash bar, but you shouldn't upset anyone with a dry wedding. No one is guaranteed alcohol at a wedding. It's about pissing off the least number of people possible.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    @southernbelle0915 yes, I will take a look at it once our system is up and running. Thanks!
  • Options
    How do any of us survive without a drink in our hand?! Our lives must be so boring. sigh.

After 6 years and 2 boys, finally tying the knot on October 27th, 2013!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards