Nevada-Las Vegas

Officiant Booked!

Check!

So after some research and discussion on here. We talked to a couple different officiants and picked the one we will use! 

Our decision and pick was Angie Kelly - Peachy Keen Unions. She was great to work with thus far!

We decided to have a little more guest interaction with a ceremony. We are doing a ring warming (http://offbeatbride.com/2009/08/ring-warming-wedding) and we will attach the the rings together by a leather dog collar with a tag that says "We Do". Our dogs mean a lot to us and this is a way to have them there symbolically when they can't be there in the flesh. We won't send the ring through everyone just the first row and wedding party.

We are also doing a group vow - these people that will be at our wedding were hand picked from a big - 200+ guest list down to less than 75 people and they mean a lot to us. So we decided to involve in a group vow of support. We think it will help with not falling a sleep but it will be short none the less. 

I am stuck between 3 readings. So which one do you guys like?

I'll Be There For You by Louise Cuddon
I'll be there, my darling, through thick and through thin
When your mind's in a mess and your head's in a spin
When your plane's been delayed, and you've missed the last train.
When life is just threatening to drive you insane
When your thrilling whodunit has lost its last page
When somebody tells you, you're looking your age
When your coffee's too cool, and your wine is too warm
When the forecast said, “Fine,” but you're out in a storm
When your quick break hotel, turns into a slum
And your holiday photos show only your thumb
When you park for five minutes in a resident's bay
And return to discover you've been towed away
When the jeans that you bought in hope or in haste
Just stick on your hips and don't reach round your waist
When the food you most like brings you out in red rashes
When as soon as you boot up the bloody thing crashes
So my darling, my sweetheart, my dear...
When you break a rule, when you act the fool
When you've got the flu, when you're in a stew
When you're last in the queue, don't feel blue
'cause I'm telling you, I'll be there.

Or this one:

Love Is Friendship Caught Fire by Laura Hendricks
Love is friendship caught fire; it is quiet, mutual confidence, sharing and forgiving. It is loyalty through good and bad times. It settles for less than perfection, and makes allowances for human weaknesses. Love is content with the present, hopes for the future, and does not brood over the past. It is the day-in and day-out chronicles of irritations, problems, compromises, small disappointments, big victories, and working toward common goals. If you have love in your life, it can make up for a great many things you lack. If you do not have it, no matter what else there is, it is not enough.

Or this one: 

On Friendship by Roy Croft
I love you, not for what you are, but what I am, when I am with you. 
I love you, not only for what you have made of yourself, but what you are making of me. 
I love you for the part of me that you bring out.
I love you for putting your hand into my heaped up heart 
and passing over all the frivolous and weak things that you cannot help seeing there, 
and for drawing out into the light all the beautiful and radiant things that no one else has looked quite far enough to find…
I love you because you are helping me to make of the lumber of my life not a tavern but a temple – out of the works 
of my every day not a reproach but a song. 
I love you because you have done more than any creed could have done to make me good, 
and more than any fate could have done to make me happy.
You have done it without a touch, without a word, without a sign
You have done it by being yourself. Perhaps that is what being a friend means after all.

If you have any suggestions for reading feel free to post it. We are doing a civil ceremony. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Officiant Booked!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards