Not Engaged Yet

Wow...Really??

This morning BF's really good friend (who is NOT engaged) posted on FB asking people to sponsor her wedding to her BF because they want to get married next summer but don't have enough money to pay for it. Oh good lord really?! I knew they were talking about getting married and I thought it was fast (especially since he has a kid) but this is a whole level crazy/tacky.

This has no point other than I felt the need to share.

Re: Wow...Really??

• She asked...not even engaged...what the...I...I just...I can't even...

I facepalmd so hard that my head hurts now. Just WOW.

• astimmel said:

She asked...not even engaged...what the...I...I just...I can't even...

I facepalmd so hard that my head hurts now. Just WOW.

This was pretty much my exact reaction!

• OMG all these GIFs made my day!

• CLoGreenEyesCLoGreenEyes member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited June 2013
    @bethsmiles, I am so curious about the responses she's getting. I can haz update? 0:)
  • @amapola14 - the responses are actually all somewhat supportive. There's a lot of responses that would be similar to if she posted that she was engaged and then people telling her you don't need a lot of money for a wedding.

Is it bad that I wish someone would have told her how tacky/crazy her post is?

• phiraphira member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • Supportive? What in the bloody ... what is wrong with people?
  • @swazzle I think Prince needs to make a return visit...

Anniversary

• Supportive? What in the bloody ... what is wrong with people?
    Ugh...I don't know. I'm hoping it's just that no one wants to call someone out on FB.

• @bethsmiles One of my friends did the same thing a few days ago, only she has been engaged for a while now. All I did was send her a link to the etiquette board. I didn't want to call her out either. :/
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @Lilyrose4242 - I love that you even sent her to the etiquette board. I would do that with this girl except my relationship with BF's friends is already shaky at best. I just shake my head at the things they do and keep my mouth shut.

• @bethsmiles Sometimes that's all you can do. :/ My friend deleted the post so I think it worked. Maybe tell her TK is a great wedding site and let that take it's course?
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • See, I'm just that bad kind of person that does call people out in public. Thankfully the worst BF's friends (and mine as well, I suppose) post is misinformation on spreading viruses / Facebook won't be free anymore / others of that ilk. I usually just have to post a link to Snopes or Sophos, and that solves the problem.
  • Well duh...send her some cash!

Just kidding ;)  Yikes.  I probably wouldn't have the balls to call her out either, but my fingers are crossed that someone will...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Will she ask the same question when they want to buy a house?  A new car?  Go on vacation?  I see a dollar dance and a honeymoon registry looming...  Keep us updated on this, should be tons of fun to watch it all unfold.  

PS:  I need a couple of shrubs for my yard.  Anyone want to 'sponsor' my landscaping efforts?  We'll call it Operation Rhododendron.  
    Meddied since 6/15/13!
  • radleyboo said:
    Will she ask the same question when they want to buy a house?  A new car?  Go on vacation?  I see a dollar dance and a honeymoon registry looming...  Keep us updated on this, should be tons of fun to watch it all unfold.  

PS:  I need a couple of shrubs for my yard.  Anyone want to 'sponsor' my landscaping efforts?  We'll call it Operation Rhododendron.  

I'll trade you two rhododendrons for you to pay for a half bathroom installation, okay?

@bethsmiles, at least you made this better with a RDJ gif.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • radleyboo said:
    Will she ask the same question when they want to buy a house?  A new car?  Go on vacation?  I see a dollar dance and a honeymoon registry looming...  Keep us updated on this, should be tons of fun to watch it all unfold.  

One of her best friends did a dollar dance at her wedding a few years ago. I wouldn't be surprised at all if she did one!

• Beth this post was totally worth it for the GIF's alone! 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • oh god, what is wrong with people? I get that weddings can be expensive, and even if you are trying to keep it cheap it can be difficult to afford one. But thats why you put your big girl pants on and have a longer engagement, or a smaller wedding, or forgo chair covers, or anything other then beg FB strangers for cash. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • lennonkdc said:
    oh god, what is wrong with people? I get that weddings can be expensive, and even if you are trying to keep it cheap it can be difficult to afford one. But thats why you put your big girl pants on and have a longer engagement, or a smaller wedding, or forgo chair covers, or anything other then beg FB strangers for cash. 
    I agree 100% But she is used to relying on others and she constantly makes bad financial decisions. She will be 25 in September and has never lived anywhere other than her parents house.

Even BF's family who usually thinks this girl can do no wrong think she has gone seriously BSC!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards