July 2013 Weddings

Rain?!

So I just looked at a forecast for our wedding day and it says there's a 60 percent chance of rain! Our ceremony is outdoors at a park and we don't have much of a backup plan (clear umbrellas is what I'm going with...). The park authorities don't allow tents, etc. Is anyone else worried about rain? Any creative alternatives? Crossing my fingers!!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Rain?!

• Went to go and see my venue today and there so happen to be a wedding. Wedding started at 5:30 same as mine in 7 days. I went to see it at 1pm and it was pouring rain. By 4:30 it stopped, they wiped down the chairs and the wedding happened at 5:30. I'm praying for no rain at all, but if it rains that day I am praying for at least 2 hours of dryness for the ceremony. Otherwise if it looks like rain, I will go with umbrellas and that will be that. Make the ceremony a bit more simple. I was at a weddings where it rained and I felt awful for the bride. I always said I wouldn't have an outside wedding but I will so I'm hopping for no rain.
  • My only plan is that the indoor ceremony will be moved to the church where our pastor is based. It is about 10 minutes from the venue where we were planning to have both the ceremony and reception. 

Everyone keeps telling me that I have to just do the venue's plan B, and that I can't just change the ceremony venue like that at the last minute. But I absolutely detest the venue's plan B for inclement weather. It's absolutely ghetto and trashy looking.

hmm... now that I'm saying this, I should really PSA the bridesmaids on this, so that they're not just as shocked as everyone else in the event that we have to do it, adn they'll just get everyone on board with it...
  • I'm glad others are thinking umbrellas, too. I think umbrellas could add a cute element to the ceremony, but I'd feel really bad for any guests who didn't bring any (maybe I should try and pick up some extras?)...I still would prefer no rain, though!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards