Nevada-Las Vegas

Reviews! 6/22/2013 wedding Part 2

Here are the wedding day reviews.

Harmony Medina: A+
Harmony was fantastic! She was right on time, got right to work AND she was super sweet. She did my hair and makeup, makeup for my matron of honor (since she has super short hair, hair wasn't necessary) and hair for my other bridesmaid. My hair was exactly what I wanted - half up with the gorgeous hair clip I found on Etsy. My makeup (airbrush) was great, and it stayed on all night long. Also, since she was done early, she fixed the hair of my matron of honor, my MIL and a friend of mine that was in the room while we got ready. She was more than willing to help out! I know for a fact the next time I am in town, my matron of honor and I will be calling her up to do our hair and/or makeup before a night on the town!

Todd from Bently & Wilson: A+
We all know that Todd is awesome. Again, I haven't seen any pictures yet, but he was so easy to work with! He came right in on time and started snapping pictures. He was great with taking us around Caesars for photos. He knew exactly where to go. He was also flexible and let us add in some of our own fun shots. For example, my husband is a huge Ohio State fan. So we did an O-H-I-O pose in front of the Caesar statue. We had such a blast! He took a lot of great photos at the reception, too. I can't wait to see all of them!  When he took us out by pool, everyone started cheering for us!

Caesars Palace Tuscana Chapel: A
We had the Cleopatra package.  Let me preface this by saying that I had wanted to get married outside.  However, my FI thought it might be a tad hot for this in June, so I finally agreed to do it in the chapel.  We went with the Tuscana Chapel since we had 35 guests.  It is the medium-sized chapel that they have.  At first, I was not a fan of the backdrop in the chapel, but it ended up being very nice.  Our coordinator was Melissa.  She was great to work with.  Always responded quickly to my questions.  The flowers I got were exactly what I wanted.  I kept it simple with an 18 red rose bouquet wrapped with ivory ribbon.  I did add in 2 broaches.  One belonged to my husband’s grandmother who passed away a couple years ago.  The other was a gift to my grandmother from my grandfather who passed away in September.  Melissa made it very easy to add these.  I just dropped them off on Wednesday, and they were added in when I got my bouquet on Saturday.  In the end, I’m happy we got married inside.  It was a nice day weather-wise, but I’m sure my guests were more comfortable inside since our ceremony was at 11:30 a.m.  No complaints about working with Caesars at all!  The ceremony was short and sweet, but it was perfect for us.

Imagine Studios (photography during the ceremony/DVD of the ceremony): A
I was pleasantly surprised by our photographer and the videographer for the ceremony.  I had low expectations.  However, they were able to give us the DVD the same day as the wedding.  They sent us the link to the photos the next day, too.  Twenty photos are included in our package, but I don't know how I can only choose 20!  I'll be ordering some extra.  The photographer was great.  He had us take pictures on the stairs that lead up to wedding services at Caesars.  They turned out very nice.  Some of my favorites are the ones of all our guests standing together on the stairs.  

Trevi: A+
As others have said in the past, Michelle at Trevi is wonderful!  She made it SO easy.  We met with her when we did our scouting trip in February to do a tasting.  We stopped in again when we arrived into town on Wednesday just to finish up some details and drop off a few things (including a collage picture of our dog since we are slightly crazy about him).  She let me ship all of my favors (personalized playing cards and shot glasses) to her a couple weeks before the wedding, which was super helpful.  The food was super yummy.  We created our own menu.  We had cheese and fruit trays for an appetizer.  The Trevi salad.  Then our guests had a choice of chicken marsala, penne diavolo with chicken, ravioli vodka and capellini al pomodoro with shrimp.  Dessert was tiramisu.  We also offered a full open bar.  The staff that waited on us on Saturday was amazing!  No one ever had an empty drink.  They made sure everyone was happy.  It was a lunch reception (1-4 pm), which worked out nicely for us.

Travis Allen (Elvis): A
Travis came to the reception kind of early since he had to be at his show at Planet Hollywood.  He came right in.  Sang the 3 songs we picked - Hound Dog, Can't Help Falling in Love and Viva Las Vegas.  We danced our first dance to Can't Help Falling in Love.  It was very sweet.  Then he took pictures with all of our guests.  Everyone loved it!  It was a surprise to all of our guests.  He even signed the poster that we had for all of our guests to sign.  It is a picture of the Welcome to Las Vegas sign.  We plan to have it framed soon.  

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Reviews! 6/22/2013 wedding Part 2

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards