Nevada-Las Vegas

Yet another HMUA thread ..... (sorry!)

Hey everyone,

I know there are already a million hair and make-up related threads out there but I am having real trouble picking someone, and think it might help if I see some example pics from you guys who've been there and had good experiences with any of my potential vendors. I have done some research, looking at pics on Facebook, and trying to find decent up-close pics from brides' reviews on here but thought with a shout out I might get some more useful examples, if you don't mind? Or maybe to tell me specific artists employed by a certain vendor that you would/wouldn't recommend for any reason? The available vendors in my price range are:

Bella Brides
Make-up in the 702
Desert Glamour
Glamsquad
Stevee Danielle
Amelia C
Your Beauty Call
Francesca Lombardo

Thanks SO much in advance to anyone who can help!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
   UK based bride, getting married in Vegas on 14th April 2014!

Re: Yet another HMUA thread ..... (sorry!)

• Haven't used any of them before, but I booked with Your Beauty Call. Love what I've seen of many artists' work, but especially theirs.
  • Thanks, I do really like their work but they're currently the second most expensive on my quote list, still quite tempted to book them though!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I find that following them on fb helps. If you look at the posts made by others section a lot of brides post their hmua pics to their artists page. That helped me out heaps. Make sure you book in a trial before the big day :-)

Can't wait to say 'I do' on April 14, 2014 - Planning Bio

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com

• I might look at them on Facebook too. I was going to pay off Muse last week but I am so iffy about them now that I'm thinking of canceling.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @Sunni

Im having a trial with Muse on 11 September if Im happy then I will definitely go ahead with them for my wedding. If not, I will arrange a trial with another HMUA while im in Vegas. I know the bad reviews are awful to read especially for something as important as HMUA but I figure the reviews were Muse didnt show up *eek* not Muse did an awful job on my HMUA. So Im happy to stay with them and get my trial at least before making decisions to cancel. If its any consolation Jennifer has been brilliant organising times to visit vendors with me for the scouting trip - ofcourse the follow through is the most important but regardless I will have a review for you and any other Muse brides after my trip in September,

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I'm also sticking with Muse despite the recent review. I've still seen nothing come up on weddingwire and everywhere I've seen, they have rave reviews. Their prices were the best compared to others I contacted. I just hope there is follow through. I'll let you know after the wedding in October.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks Sunni and Missmo, as I said in my first post I have been following them on Facebook and looking at the pics they upload but I feel they may be a bit biased (i.e. only putting up the ones they got good reviews for, or that they think looked the best) so I was hoping to get some pics from some previous Knot brides to add to that. 

Also, a lot of the examples I have seen on Facebook and website portfolios are nothing like the kind of thing I would like for my hair or make-up, which worries me! 

Oh and yes Missmo, I am 100% getting a trial :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Well I thought I would email Jennifer to ask about scheduling my trial and a couple of other questions.  I figured that I would see how long it takes for her to respond to kind of aid in my decision.  Well, she responded within 30 minutes.  lol.  and very detailed.  I am going to hold off changing anything for now and will just make her one of my last vendors to pay off.  I look forward to your trial reviews though Missmo.  Like everyone on here, HMU issues are my biggest fear!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I will claim ignorance - what is HMUA??
  • I used Desert Glamour. I loved my hair but no one was happy with their make up.
  • @phone card lady - Sorry Hair and Make-Up
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Has anyone tried fairytale? I like their Disney Princess collection but I haven't made up my mind
  • I just booked a trial with Glamsquad. Only thing I'm hesitant about with them is that they require you to pay cash the day of. With 6 or 7 people, that's a lot of cash to have on hand. Just makes me nervous! (man, that makes me sound old!)

But I love their style and their prices were fair. Excited to see how the trial goes on July 14th! 
  • I used desert glamour for our wedding last October and will be using whitney again for our trip back.  they have some pictures on their face book page. here is the link

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Desert-Glamour/156138031079834?fref=ts

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I just booked a trial with Glamsquad. Only thing I'm hesitant about with them is that they require you to pay cash the day of. With 6 or 7 people, that's a lot of cash to have on hand. Just makes me nervous! (man, that makes me sound old!)
    I was at the craps table once with a high roller who had a hole in his cargo shorts pocket he didn't realize and a $10k chip fell out; I was like I think you dropped something lol.  He gave me $100 for telling him.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• So I finally booked, and ended up going with Make-up in the 702 :)
    I loved Megan's communication she replies instantly very often and always within 24 hours, they have some great reviews (I have Keira and Deb booked - haven't seen one bad thing said about them), and I have paid 50% upfront so I won't have to have so much cash with me on the day of. With so much choice out there that's what it boiled down to!

So pleased to get that out of the way .... and yes, I booked a trial!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • You are going to look gorgeous!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Aww thanks Mo! We've had a bit of a heatwave in the UK this week and I'm struggling with it already and its about the same temperature right now as it normally is in Vegas in April, I'm now re-thinking having my hair down and trying to find a plan B 'up-do'!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I used Desert Glamour. I loved my hair but no one was happy with their make up.
    Why not?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I used Desert Glamour for myself and my entire bridal party's hair and MU. They were absolutely amazing to work with. They made sure everything was exactly the way we wanted. The time slots were planned out perfectly and their work was impeccable. All the ladies were happy. My wedding was in San Diego during a heat wave and our makeup stayed on throughout the entire night (even while we were sweating lol).  I could not have asked for better service!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards