Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

Venue help?

I am originally from Pittsburgh and currently live in North Carolina. I'm getting married on friday the forth of july of 2014 and I'm looking for a venue that has the following: 
Outside ceremony/reception, outside catering/alcohol, and can hold 250 people. I pretty much want to rent a field with a nice view. We're hoping with the wedding being on a friday that it will be cheaper. Any suggestions?

Jessica

Re: Venue help?

• I'm not much help for additional suggestions, but I can tell you that The Opera House doesn't have any outdoor spaces and it would be very tight for 250.

A lot of people on here have talked about using the pavillions in North Park which might be an option for you. Mellon Park in the city also has facilities for outdoor ceremonies. Good luck!

• Hmm... A friend of mine had her wedding at Raspberry Acres winery in Blairsville. It was beautiful. They rented a tent for their reception space so really I'm thinking the venue could be as big or small as you want it to be. I'm thinking they'd probably require you to at least use their wine though. Good luck!
  • What about Hartwood Acres in Allison Park? I'm not sure off the top of my head how many they can handle, but it seems like a pretty large space. You could also try Schenley Plaza, the downside with that though is it might be a lot of paperwork and permit-getting with the city. 
  • Thank you for the suggestions. The only place I had had in mind was Hartwood and I wasn't sure if I would be fighting crowds with it being 4th of july. I have nothing against north park but my dad got remarried there and I just wanted something a little different but still an option. 

• What about the Aviary? They have an outside space. They may only allow Atria's catering but bring your own alcohol.
  • Succop Conservancy in North of Pittsburgh but very pretty outside option. Not sure about outside vendors though.
  • edited July 2013
    It's kind of far outside of the city and may require some DIY (tent rentals and alcohol permits, etc.) but Blueberry Hill Park is beautiful and certainly has plenty of space. 
  • Thanks. I'll be calling blueberry hill park tomorrow. We were planning on renting tents and alot of DIY stuff so I'll check that out. 

• FYI Raspberry Acres doesn't do weddings anymore :(

• Oh darn. It was a really beautiful place. Hope u find somewhere u like. Shady Elms Farm might be another place for you to look into depending on budget. We looked into it and thought it was very pretty but was just not within our budget.
  • Just sent them an email today. I have emails out to armstrong farms (not sure they do outside weddings?), white barn in butler and shady elms farm. 

• Armstrong does outdoor ceremonies.
  • armstrong was booked. i just officially booked a place at penn scenic view : kohut pavilion: fits 250!!!
  • jlo4308 said:
    I am originally from Pittsburgh and currently live in North Carolina. I'm getting married on friday the forth of july of 2014 and I'm looking for a venue that has the following: 
    Outside ceremony/reception, outside catering/alcohol, and can hold 250 people. I pretty much want to rent a field with a nice view. We're hoping with the wedding being on a friday that it will be cheaper. Any suggestions?

Jessica
    I'm from Pittsburgh and in NC now too! How weird! I was going to tell you some places, but I see you already have a place booked :) congrats! That's the hardest part.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards