New Jersey - South

Alterations

Hi Everyone -

I ordered my dress from Irma's bridal and I just got the call that it was in. My wedding is in November and I'm unsure if I want to get it altered at Irma's or go somewhere else. It won't need anything major (it will need to be taken in a bit, add a bustle) that I know of for sure, and probably cups sewn in (strapless dress, I'm an A).

Does anyone have any recommendations? I've heard the salons are way more expensive, but i'm also leary about taking the dress somewhere else. I'm not from the area and have never used a seamstress here before.

Thanks everyone!

Re: Alterations

• You will save a lot of money having it altered outside of the bridal salon you purchased your dress.  It's my one regret during wedding planning.  I stayed with Macy's Bridal and paid $450!  Here are my recommendations:

Attenzione by Ceil in Haddonfield.  She is great, but a little pricy (still cheaper than a salon!).  She did a few BM dresses for me and also did my SIL's wedding dress.  You can google her for the info.

Marion in Haddon Heights.  She works out of her home and is very quick and good!  She is also very affordable.  She has done BM dresses for me.  She is a little quirky, but the work she does is fantastic!  She practically made me a whole new dress when the lady at the bridal salon ordered me 2 sizes too big for a BM dress.  Marion actually made her own wedding dress - from leather! ( I told you she is quirky!)  If you'd like Marions info, send me a PM and I'll provide you her phone number/address.

• I just made an appointment at Fashion Stitch in Mt. Laurel.  Has anyone heard of it?  It has great Yelp reviews, and I thought it would be worth the trip.  I bought my dress at Davids Bridals, but it sounds like it would cost me the price of the dress for the alterations!  Also, I don't have confidence in them for alterations. 

• did you go to your appt at Fashion Stitch yet?  I also heard good things but havent called yet. Please lt me know how you make out!
  • My dress is currently at Fashion Stitch being altered. :)

image image

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers  
    <3 Lots o' love to my Labor Buddies mommynpink & alliebooberz <3

Wedding Countdown Ticker

I *really* love Pinterest!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards