July 2013 Weddings

Where are you getting dressed?

Where are you getting dressed? At the venue? At home? At the hotel?

I was thinking at the hotel, most hotels have extended check out times for weddings but my hotel does not. :-( so now I'm trying to figure out where to get dressed. At home my mom and my two children will be at our house. DF and his groomsmen were planning on getting dressed at their hotels too. I'm trying to brainstorm but I'm not coming up with much.

Re: Where are you getting dressed?

• drg424drg424 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper

Does your venue have a bridal suite? Thankfully ours does and it's pretty big. So we will be getting dressed there, and having our hair and makeup done there. Having it all done in one place is a big stress reliever to me - that way I can fee like all my stuff is in one place and I can go back into the bridal suite if I need to fix or touch up anything.

The one place I would not want to get ready is at home - for one, it's too far to go back if you forget anything, and for two, part of special-ness of the day for me includes getting ready with my bridal party and my mom and grandma - that would be kind of hard to do in my bathroom at home LOL.

So I'd vote venue and if that for some reason can't be accomodated, the hotel!

• wittykitty14wittykitty14 member
    First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited July 2013

I'm going to be getting ready at my house :)

ETA: Part of that is because I didn't want to worry about packing anything I needed to get ready.  That would just stress me out more!

• dem068dem068 member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary
    edited July 2013

I am also getting ready at home.  It will be a little chaotic (with my parents, brother's gf, 6 bms and 4 flower girls), but there is so much more space in our house than any hotel room could ever have, so I am sure it will be fine.  My home is also 1 mile from the church and reception, and will be where I am staying the days leading up to the wedding, so there is no way I could possibly forget anything (unless I leave it in my apartment in NYC, which would be a disaster no matter where I was getting ready!)

eta: and by home, I mean my parents house

• The venue said they have a room. So I'm gonna see about that. The venue is 10 minutes away from our apartment but our apartment is small.
  • I'm getting my hair and make-up done at the salon, but I will be actually getting dressed in the bride's room at the venue.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I do have a hotel room for the day of wedding (since I am having a evening wedding....7PM!) but I am getting dress at the venue. My hair & makeup will all get done at hotel (shower, pampering, etc.) but then I'm throwing on a sundress or something and heading to venue where I will be putting on the dress. Only because I don't want to chance wrinkles or something from car ride.
    Soon to be MR. & MRS. ANTHONY PRICE JR! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Avoiding Wrinkles make sense. Yea I think I'm gonna do all the pampering at the hotel like you said @Price4life
  • I'm getting ready at home, i.e. at my and FI's apartment. FI and the guys will be at his buddy's vacation rental and out of my hair. :) Our apartment has two huge bathrooms, two huge bedrooms, a big ass living room, and dining area, so there will be more than enough space for me and all of my girls to get ready. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My venue has a gorgeous two room and private bathroom bridal suite! Perfect for the photographer to take stunning pictures as I get ready too!
  • My venue is actually my aunts house. Her and my uncle have a huge piece if property that's beautifully landscaped and surrounded by vineyards. I'm staying the night with them and getting ready at their house :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards