Wedding Reception Forum
Options

HELP! I forgot to include a name line on the response cards!

StephNGeneStephNGene member
First Comment
edited July 2013 in Wedding Reception Forum
Upon all of the careful looking over my fiance and I did to ensure our invitations looked great, we both forgot to include a name line!

I need suggestions on how to go about creating a seating chart for the reception.

Our wedding is casual chic, at a farm in Kentucky, so I didn't plan on a fussy seating chart anyway. However, I do want our families to have a place to sit that makes sense for them. 

Should I simply create one for the immediate families? Should I wing it? 
Any advice is helpful!

Thanks!

Re: HELP! I forgot to include a name line on the response cards!

• Options
    Create a numbered list of your guests (like a spreadsheet).  When you're assembling the invitations write the number associated with the recipient on the back of the RSVP card.  When you get the RSVPs back, you can cross-reference your list/spreadsheet to know who is attending.  Your guests might also write in their names anyhow.  I know I'd feel wierd RSVP'ing without indicating I was the one sending it.
  • Options
    Have you already mailed out your invitations?  If not, I honestly would either order new RSVP cards and fix the issue, or worst case scenario, do a label that you can stick on the back with the person's name on it. 
  • Options
    it's an oversight  not a crisis. write their name(s) somewhere on the card and just send it.

• Options
    Ven&Radio said:
    Create a numbered list of your guests (like a spreadsheet).  When you're assembling the invitations write the number associated with the recipient on the back of the RSVP card.  When you get the RSVPs back, you can cross-reference your list/spreadsheet to know who is attending.  Your guests might also write in their names anyhow.  I know I'd feel wierd RSVP'ing without indicating I was the one sending it.
    This. We did this even though we put a name line on there. We ended up using it because we got a couple back that were not legible. 
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    Great idea- only problem is, they have already gone out... and most of what we have received do not have names. Thanks, though. Really great idea!
  • Options
    These have been sent out- Now what should I do? Should we just throw out the seating chart and reserve tables for the party and immediate family?
  • Options
    These have been sent out- Now what should I do? Should we just throw out the seating chart and reserve tables for the party and immediate family?

Honestly, you may have to make a wholllle bunch of phone calls after your RSVP date.  When you start to get your RSVP cards back, hopefully, people will put their names on them. 

If you get blanks back, you'll probably have to call every person you didn't get an RSVP from and say "we got some blanks back, so we weren't sure if you had RSVDp or not". 

I wouldn't do a seating chart with people's name on them if you have no idea if they are coming or not.  You may end up with a bunch of empty tables.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards