Wedding Woes
Options

2»

Re: .

• Options
    tarratall said:

You'll have to invoke the power of .... accessories!!

Honestly, most people didn't give a shit about my dress because they were all hung up on how good my hairpiece looked.
    TRUTH!
    Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

• Options
    WinstonsGirlWinstonsGirl member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited July 2013
    OP, designers also mass produce wedding dresses.  Someone else somewhere will eventually wear "your" dress.  Unless you are willing to pay someone to design a dress exclusively for you, someone else will wear the same dress somewhere.  

Since you love this dress, wear it but add to it to make it more unique for you.  Add a sparkly belt or accessory, or add something else that will make it different.  I added a sparkly thing on the side of my dress cos I didn't like the seam there, and it seemed to be missing something.  Those little touches will make it more unique.  

ETA - Can't figure out how to add a picture.  :(

• Options
    After getting engaged, my fiancé gave me a budget of $2,000.00 to spend on my dress. I was planning on getting a designer one, because quality and fit are very important to me. Well, I went to David's Bridal with my grandmother about 3 weeks ago when I was out of state. She really wanted to take me, and I thought that was a good idea, to make her feel involved in the process. So my plan was to try on some dresses and look around, just to SEE what they had and see what styles looked best on me, so that when I went to a designer wedding dress boutique, I knew what souilette I wanted. I tried on about 8-10 dresses, before finding one that I was completely crazy about and didn't want to take off. I even tried on a different one after that just to be sure. I was so in love with that dress... And I still am! The dress was only about $500, and it fit, looked, FELT designer! I sent my mom and sister a picture of it, and they were so shocked of the price and that the dress was even in David's Bridal in the first place! I bought the dress, and it will arrive at my house in September... Since then, I have been getting nervous about my purchase... I don't doubt that the dress was MADE for me, and I absolutely love it. But I guess I'm just thrown off by the fact that its from David's Bridal, where it seems like EVERYONE goes to get a good deal... When it all comes down to it, I guess I'm just very bothered by the fact that other women out there will have the same dress as me... And my wedding isn't until February, so what if someone I know gets engaged and married within that time, and she buys the same dress that I bought? I know this may sound crazy, but all of these possibilites are rolling around in my head and I'm getting anxiety wondering whether or not I should have just paid $2,000 and bought a designer dress. Have any of you women ever felt like this? Or do you feel like this now about the dress you bought? Please-- no negativity. I know it may seem like I'm being over dramatic, but I am only getting married once in my life and I don't want to mess things up. I really just need words of encouragement right now. Thank you!!
    You do realize that a 2k designer dress is still a middle range heavily mass-produced dress that could pop up at any other bride's wedding. And that $300 flimsy tee shirts at Nordy's still can get those obnoxious holes around where your belt or jeans waist is located second wearing. So which is bothering you more, that you have a mass produced clone dress or that someone's going to think shopping at David's Bridal is beneath you?
    OMG what is the deal with that?!  I have been thinking it was my washing machine. . .

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• Options
    I'm not a fan of David's Bridal, but this is the reason:

(David's owned Priscilla)

Many brides on here have bought David's dresses, so it's hurtful to communicate that you think you're "stooping". You found a great dress at a great price. You feel amazing in it. Why does ANYTHING else matter? You saved $1500 that you can now spend on something else! This is a complete non-issue.
  • Options
    SBminiSBmini member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Man, someone'scan't take criticism... 
  • Options

A dress that des not cost alot of money also look graet  as long as one of your family members have not worn it  you are fine.

• Options
    I just poached that Tim Gunn pic by the way. I need to make that my new desk wallpaper or something.
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    @thejucheidea Thank you for the heads up! Just messaged the user. 
  • Options

This says it's 2 pages, but I can only see 1?  Did everything get deleted?

I was still thinking about this post last night and I really think it wins for most dumb post ever.  I don't think I've remember ever seeing a post from someone so anxious about their dress being worn by someone else.

I kept thinking, $2K isn't enough for a tailor made dress.  High end "designer" fabric for a wedding dress would eat up a cool grand easy, depending on design and maybe more.  Then labor.  Then, guess what?  It's still probably going to look like a wedding dress.  So, it'll still look like someone else's, somewhere.

• Options
    @knotporscha. What Varuna just said. I couldn't see page 2 last night, can't go back to page 1 today. Mobile version. Can you have this looked into, pls?
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    @dharmabunny Thanks for the heads up! This has happened twice in the last week, so I will have our tech team look into it.
  • Options
    I'm not on mobile version. They'll want to know that.
  • Options
    @VarunaTT thanks! I'm having the same problem on desktop.
  • Options
    I can't go to page one either.
  • Options
    GBCKGBCK member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    oddly enough, I can (the OP dDDed).
    but I'm using chrome and as of yesterday, if I typed a post, it appears, ready to be posted, in the 'leave a reply' window for the rest of eternity when I open a post.
  • Options
    Aww, my first flag. For trying to share some helpful information. I'd like to thank my mom, my cat, and of course, all you other rude ladies for showing me the way.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards