Moms and Maids

Who moves the wedding along??

We can't afford a wedding planner/coordinator. The site we are using doesn't have an "event" coordinator or planner. Does that mean I have to monitor the timing of my wedding?? Like, it's time to start dinner...time to cut the cake...first dance time now... Or does the DJ do that? He has our list of events in the order we want them, but Im not comfortable making him keep an eye on the clock (plus he hasn't offered to guide the events along...or he hasn't mentioned he could).

Is this something my maid of honor could do or mother?? Or is that asking too much of them? I want them to enjoy the day too...But I dont want to have to worry, it's been 30 mins, people should be getting their cake by now. You know? What have you done if you didnt have a coordinator?

Ugh, any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Re: Who moves the wedding along??

• NYCMercedesNYCMercedes member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited July 2013
    DJ should work with you on your timetable.
  • At my wedding the photographer came up with the pre-ceremony time table and made sure to fit in all the photos we needed.  Then the supervisor from the catering company and the dj moved the rest of the evening. Just ask them - they may already have a plan to make things easy!
  • Your DJ should do this - not your MOH or mother. Just because he didn't offer doesn't mean you can't ask him. You're the one paying him!! Tell him you'd like him to make an announcement here here and here, and tell him what you want him to say and at what times. If you notice he's 15 minutes late on cake cutting, go tell him he's late and needs to stick to the schedule. Have an extra copy in case he forgot his so there's no excuse.
    *********************************************************************************

• I agree with the PPs that the DJ should be able to handle that. You could also look into hiring a day of coordinator, just someone for the wedding day - it's a lot cheaper than a wedding planner.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards