Knottie Tech Help

Spam on Attire...and Tech Help

manateehuggermanateehugger member
First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
edited July 2013 in Knottie Tech Help
User Jordzmarls20 is posting a link to what appears to be her TK wedding website, but when you click on it, her TK website offers links to illegally download a movie.

Notice how these people are intelligent enough to get around your "filters." A human mod could have spotted and deleted these posts almost immediately.

Oh and it's pretty amusing that they are using your website to host links to illegally obtained movies. You might want to get on that.

Re: Spam on Attire...and Tech Help

• Haha and she spammed this board too.
  • Yeah. Maybe someone should monitor this board.
  • Thank you for the heads up! I am forwarding all of the spam information to our tech teams to look into.
  • KP, why do you need to send it to the tech team? Shouldn't someone be monitoring the boards so they can just ban people right away? Clearly filters are not the answer.
  • Sending these threads to our tech team brings more attention to any of the problems we see on the site and gives our team a better chance of making improvements faster. As I go through my notifications, I am personally removing the spam and banning the names and IPs.
  • I really think you should rethink not having mods. If we had mods, they could remove the spam as soon as they see it, instead of waiting for you to do it. I agree with PPs that it is pretty clear your filters are not working.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hey guys -- just want you to know we are putting together a plan for new modified moderator roles and will update you when we have figured out how they will work. We'll be in touch with previous mods as well -- probably sometime next week.

• Hey guys -- just want you to know we are putting together a plan for new modified moderator roles and will update you when we have figured out how they will work. We'll be in touch with previous mods as well -- probably sometime next week.

Please tell me you're not just going to use the old mods, even if they agree.  We had some serious problems with some of the mods because they weren't properly vetted first and ended up going crazy.  I won't be naming names, but one of them is quite obviously going to be nothing but trouble if you reinstate her but I know she'd just jump at the chance if you offered her any sort of powers again.  You have a chance to do this right, please take it.

I was primarly a lurker when the last flare up happened and therefore had no personal involvement. And I could not agree more with this statement.

Please tell me you're not just going to use the old mods, even if they agree.  We had some serious problems with some of the mods because they weren't properly vetted first and ended up going crazy.  I won't be naming names, but one of them is quite obviously going to be nothing but trouble if you reinstate her but I know she'd just jump at the chance if you offered her any sort of powers again.  You have a chance to do this right, please take it.
    Cosigned.  Particularly the bolded.

• Please tell me you're not just going to use the old mods, even if they agree.
      We had some serious problems with some of the mods because they weren't properly vetted first and ended up going crazy.  I won't be naming names, but one of them is quite obviously going to be nothing but trouble if you reinstate her but I know she'd just jump at the chance if you offered her any sort of powers again.  You have a chance to do this right, please take it.
    This. I really think you should consider looking into new mods
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Sierra524 said:

Please tell me you're not just going to use the old mods, even if they agree.
      We had some serious problems with some of the mods because they weren't properly vetted first and ended up going crazy.  I won't be naming names, but one of them is quite obviously going to be nothing but trouble if you reinstate her but I know she'd just jump at the chance if you offered her any sort of powers again.  You have a chance to do this right, please take it.
    This. I really think you should consider looking into new mods
    Or, use only the old mods that weren't BSC
  • Hey everyone, we met with our developers today who are working on a new reporting feature. Once the feature is live within the next 1-2 months, members will have to include a written response for why they are flagging a post for abuse.
  • Hey everyone, we met with our developers today who are working on a new reporting feature. Once the feature is live within the next 1-2 months, members will have to include a written response for why they are flagging a post for abuse.
    I realize things like this take a while to get into the system.  But 1-2 months?  What are we supposed to do in the meantime?
  • @FierceFemme the written response will not be public. We will review the post and reason in our system.

@wittkitty14 Please keep flagging posts for abuse/spam in the meantime. Our review system should be pulling in all flagged posts again by next week.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards