Wedding Invitations & Paper

inviting adult children

My fiance and I have decided not to invite young children to our wedding. His brother has been with a woman for over two years, and she has two teenage sons (18 years old) who we plan on inviting. When sending out the invitation, we were thinking of adding "and family" to their invite. The only problem is when we get married they will also have a 1 1/2 year old daughter together who we do not want at the wedding. How should we make out the invitation to make this clear?

Re: inviting adult children

• Anyone 18 and over should get his or her own invitation. 

What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Send the invitation to your FBIL and his SO only to them and don't list the 1 1/2 year old daughter.

Send her teenage sons their own invitations, since they're over 18.
  • Jen4948 said:
    Send the invitation to your FBIL and his SO only to them and don't list the 1 1/2 year old daughter.

Even with the wording, if the other sons are invited, I can't help but imagine they'll assume the infant is as well.

Where's the line with splitting up families?
    Anniversary
  • ashleyep said:
    Jen4948 said:
    Send the invitation to your FBIL and his SO only to them and don't list the 1 1/2 year old daughter.

Even with the wording, if the other sons are invited, I can't help but imagine they'll assume the infant is as well.

Where's the line with splitting up families?
    I'd say that the line exists when there is a very large gap between the ages of the children involved, especially when the uninvited ones are babies or toddlers who are not going to feel "left out" because they don't understand what is happening.

If they assume that the infant is invited, then the couple calls them and tells them that the invitation includes only those listed on it and the infant can't be accommodated, and if the couple refuse to attend without the infant, then the couple replies, "I'm sorry to hear you won't be coming."  They are not required to accommodate the infant.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards