Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

Multiple Lines on RSVP Cards?

I am in the middle of customizing my invites and RSVP cards. Most of our guests are entire families (for example, we are inviting most of my fiance's cousins and their entire families). Since we will only be sending one invite per family, would it be strange to include multiple lines on the RSVP card so that the families can list the names of those who will be attending? I keep imaging getting one RSVP back and finding out at the last minute that not all of them will be coming. We will be having around 250 guests, so I would like to be as accurate as possible with the head count and place cards.

Thanks!

Re: Multiple Lines on RSVP Cards?

• Options
    manateehuggermanateehugger member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited July 2013
    Anyone over age 18 needs their own invitation (those in relationships can obviously be invited together and children under 18 can be included on their parents' invite). Don't send one invite to large groups of relatives - that's not appropriate. 

Invite for every adult (or adult couple) solves your RSVP issue. 

Edit: you can also do the __ seats have been reserved in your honor thing so you have a headcount. 
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I agree with PDKH about giving everyone over age 18 their own invitation. 

Are there different meal options? For our invitations, we had just two lines and the meal choices under each line (person one, person two). If someone did not get a plus one, then we had a different card with only one line, just so no one got the wrong idea and thought they had a plus one. 

You could also have a card that has a line indicating # of Guests ____ and then below it, just one line with Guest Name(s) ____________. 

People will put all the names on there regardless of whether there is or is not enough space, though. My personal preference would be to just have a space that says Guest Name(s) _____. I think that indicates that all the  names should be listed there. I think more than two lines would look a little odd. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards