August 2013 Weddings
Options

Budgets

As our weddings get closer, has anyone been able to stay under budget or has your original budget been thrown out the window? If staying under budget did you have to cut certain things out or did you just go for it and you'll worry about the budget after the fact?
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Budgets

• Options
    We have mostly stayed within our budget. The small things are adding up, quickly, but we're still doing pretty good.
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We're actually doing good also but I think these last few weeks will take us over budget but not by much hopefully lol
  • Options
    We're doing pretty well with our budget.  I may not be able to budget anything else in my life but I've made sure we are still under budget- well at the moment we are.  We'll see what happens once the caterer comes back with the final pricing!

June Siggy Challenge: Fav. Engagement photo

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I think we are right on target but like PP said with the last few weeks and all these little things popping up that we wern't anticipating we will likely go over but hopefully not by much.

• Options
    We are doing pretty well with out budget. Like everybody else said there are a few small things we didn't anticipate. Really the only thing that might throw us off is if not enough people say they can't come. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker August 2013 March Siggy Challenge: The Dress! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Right now we're right on budget, but most likely will go over by a couple hundred dollars. Like everyone else, we've been caught by surprise how much all the little things add up to.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 123 Invited
    image 96 Are ready to party
    image 27 Will be missing out
    image 0 Are undecided
  • Options
    linnyv27 said:

Right now we're right on budget, but most likely will go over by a couple hundred dollars. Like everyone else, we've been caught by surprise how much all the little things add up to.

its crazy how all the little things add up. When planning most would probably figure the food and venue are most expensive but never really think of all the little things and details that cost a fortune.
  • Options
    Well, we are definitely over our original budget. We set a budget before looking at anything, then realized we had way underestimated some things (like impossible to get that low of a price without just completely cutting the item). Once we started looking at things we reworked that budget, eliminated some things to make room for others, but did raise the total budget some. Right now we will be over the new budget if every single person comes, but even with our high estimates of who will actually come we will be in budget or barely over (and we will be able to pay if everyone comes, it will just be more than we wanted to spend).
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    We upped our budget a few hundred dollars, so we're over our original budget but under our new budget. Though if no one else RSVPs we'll be under our original budget.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    We were good until yesterday when we got our rings..It took us quite a bit over budget too..oops. thankfully we have the money and haven't used any credit cards!
  • Options
    We are on budget for the wedding, possibly even a bit under. I really havent been keeping strict tabs on everything but I have a good idea as to how much we have spent. The honeymoon we are going a little over budget but we can afford it so its all good. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards