Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

any other Blue Moon Barn brides out there?

jolene118jolene118 member
First Comment First Anniversary
edited July 2013 in Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
I'm trying to connect with other brides who chose to get married at the Blue Moon Barn and Covered Bridge in Greensburg, PA.

Basically, the owner of the property is being sued for improper zoning and the fate of the rest of the weddings he has booked is in limbo until court is held on July 8. You can read the article from the Trib here: http://triblive.com/news/westmoreland/4251879-74/zoning-hempfield-barn#axzz2Xvcd32VR. Also, you can see my other post.

My wedding is coming up in just a few weeks. I am furious, frustrated, and basically have no idea what to do. Mark mentioned to me that he has 17 other brides (at least) whose wedding fate is uncertain. I was hoping to find someone else in this position just to see what your thoughts are and what you are going to do. Even if the court allows us to have our wedding there, I am not sure I want to do business with this man. When we first looked at the property, it was easy to say yes. It is gorgeous, the price was fair, and Mark seemed nice enough. My fiancé and I even had friends who got married there a few years ago. But now I feel that he is dishonest and thinks he is above the law - possibly putting our families' safety at risk. So if any other Blue Moon brides are out there, please send me a PM and we can chat!

Re: any other Blue Moon Barn brides out there?

• I was planning a wedding there and paid a deposit for September of 2014. I was just informed of this today, and I am furious. I couldn't imagine what I would do with planning a wedding there that's just a few weeks away!
  • Believe it or not, I was able to find an amazing venue! It's The Barn at Madison in Madison, PA. It's a newer place (renovated from an old restaurant) and the owners are super nice and easy to work with. They have a lot of dates available left for this fall and summer because they just opened in February. I would definitely recommend checking them out!

www.thebarnatmadison.com
  • I am not a Blue Moon Barn bride... But I saw this on the news. I feel so terrible for you all. I'll keep sending good thoughts - I hope it all works out for you all! Keep us posted.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards