Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Flamingo Brides

How are you customizing your ceremony? Unity candles, readings? They told me it just can't last more than 15 minutes so trying to gauge what I can do. Also are you paying for flowers for your parents, grandparents, flower girls and such? The price list they sent was a bit much for some stuff, 35 for flower petals. But they did say I can use silk, if I ask someone to pick them all up haha. Also if I don't have a bridal party, so it would be guests wearing these flowers, can they really charge me 150 for an outside vendor fee?

Re: Flamingo Brides

• Options
    missmo14missmo14 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment First Answer
    edited July 2013

Im a Flamingo bride. Im using flower pom poms for decorations and silk rose petals (my wedding coordinator will set them up and pick them up). We are also having bubbles on each seat for guests to blow after the ceremony.

Im not buying additional floral. Mum will be wearing a floral brooch as part of her attire (there is NO WAY Im paying an outside vendor fee for that - it is part of her outfit). Depending on the amount of floral you are going to get it may work out cheaper to pay the fee and get an external vendor. Because I dont have a bridal party either - it is cheaper to just upgrade through the Flamingo.

ETA: We will be having a short reading and are writing our own vows.

Can't wait to say 'I do' on April 14, 2014 - Planning Bio

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com

• Options
    Flamingo bride here too :) we will be having 2 floral arrangements at the front and everyone in the bridal party will have bouquets. Me and the MOH will have larger bouquets and the BMs will have small ones. I'll also have petals for my flower girl :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com
  • Options
    Valerie are you going to take your floral sprays with you? I just cant justify the cost for a 15 minute ceremony

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    I didn't get the alter sprays for the same reason. Also my coordinator said they wouldn't pick up the petals, I was thinking of just making paper Pom poms for the girls to carry. I don't think that counts as outside floral since it says no silk or fresh.
  • Options
    I hadn't thought about it really haha well my sister is paying for half since since our parents have both passed away she is the one that really wanted me to have the sprays .if we can take them back to the suite we will lol :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com
  • Options
    Silver sky chapel bride here, which is the same family as Flamingo Chapels. 
    We purchased the 3 clutch bouquets for 3 bridesmaids ($35 each) and my 12 rose bouquet ($85) & I loved them all, simple but elegant and did the job.... but, we had to pay an additional $25 to dye half of my bouquet turquoise. 
    We used silk rose petals for the aisle (my cousin handled this). We brought in silk boutineer's for the groom and groomsman w/o paying the outside vendor fee. We did not purchase corsages for the mom's or aunt's, we ordered them personalized hankies (which will last forever). We were not about to go $300 outside of our budget for 12 minutes of our life. We were very satisfied with how everything turned out. We did pay the outside vendor fee for our photographer, so maybe we had a little more lenience, but i'm not sure. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I know what you mean about the ceremony being so short. Because we have invested so much in photo and videography I want the ceremony area to look pretty. Nothing over the top though. We are basically paying $500 in outside vendor fees but the total ceremony is about $1000 now that we have dropped down in packages

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Never know about outside vendor fees. I thought about a brooch bouquet and they said I'd have to pay $75 as an "outside" fee but another bride didn't have to pay... I don't know if they go by how much you are adding to your package or what...
    As far as customizing the ceremony, haven't decided yet. I may just add a few words here and there and maybe an excerpt from a song or book.
  • Options
    EmiliaC01 said:

Never know about outside vendor fees. I thought about a brooch bouquet and they said I'd have to pay $75 as an "outside" fee but another bride didn't have to pay... I don't know if they go by how much you are adding to your package or what...
    As far as customizing the ceremony, haven't decided yet. I may just add a few words here and there and maybe an excerpt from a song or book.

I made a brooch bouquet but I'm at Treasure Island. They told me that as long as they weren't FRESH flowers, I could bring in my brooch bouquet free of charge.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards