New Jersey
Options

Vendor Reviews for October 2012 Wedding-long!

I already sent an email with the same info to the vendor review site, but I figured I would post it here in case anyone else might find it useful.  Our wedding was in October.  Congratulations to all the upcoming brides!!

Ceremony & Reception Venue:

Farmstead Golf and Country Club (A+)
Lafayette, NJ
www.farmsteadgolf.com

(Oct. '12 Wedding) The staff at Farmstead really went out of their way to make everything for our wedding wonderful.  Lindsay was incredibly helpful every step of the way, quick to answer questions and eager to go the extra mile to accommodate small details for our wedding.  The outdoor setting is absolutely beautiful.  Inside, the exposed beams help to set a rustic but elegant setting.  What really made this venue stand out was the attention they give each wedding.  They only host one wedding at a time.

The food was excellent, and another area they were very willing to make accommodations.  My mother is a vegetarian, and they were able to make the soup with a vegetable broth instead of chicken broth.  They had no problem with us using another bakery for the cake.

Prices are available on their website.  Highly recommended!

Photographer:

Jason Rhee (A+)
Northvale, NJ
www.jasonrhee.com

(Oct. '12 Wedding) I cannot speak highly enough of Jason.  He has been incredibly quick to respond to every email, even after the wedding.  The pictures were delivered quickly, and were stunning.  We have received many, many compliments on them.  At the wedding, he was highly attentive and made us feel comfortable for all of the pictures.  They looked very natural and not at all rigid or stiff.  I would recommend him to anyone in the New Jersey/New York area looking for a photographer!!

We paid under $2500 for unlimited time/pictures, a large album, two small parent albums, DVDs with the original raw images and 50 thank you cards.

Bridal Gown:

I Do, I Do Bridal (A+)
Morristown, NJ
http://www.idoidobridalstudio.com/

(Oct. '12 Wedding) I do, I do has been an absolute pleasure to work with from the very beginning. I was looking for a specific Casablanca dress, which they did not have in stock, and they were able to borrow one from the manufacturer so I could try it on.

As soon as you walk in to the shop for your appointment, you are offered tea and cookies while you wait. It is a high end bridal salon experience without the ridiculous prices.  Everyone in the shop was a pleasure to work with; I was never made to feel rushed, every appointment I had was a pleasant experience. They had no problem with us taking pictures of the dress I tried on, and even emailed me some they took themselves.  I cannot recommend them highly enough!!

Bridesmaids' and Flower Girl Dresses:

The Wedding Store at Liz Clinton (B-)
Andover, NJ
http://www.myweddingatlizclintons.com/

(Oct. '12 Wedding) This store has a large selection of bridesmaid and flower girl dresses.  We ordered Watters dresses for both the bridesmaids and the flower girl.  While I was happy with the selection, I was not so pleased with the attentiveness of the employees at the store.  It seemed to be incredibly crowded every time we were in there, and the staff were hard to get a hold of, and not incredibly helpful.  We did get our dresses on time and without error.

Flowers:

Greenway Florist and Gifts (A-)
Hackettstown, NJ
www.greenwayflorist.com

(Oct. '12 Wedding) We were incredibly happy with our flowers for the wedding.  Jackie was easy to work with, and very knowledgeable.  She helped us make selections that were beautiful, but still in season and affordable.  The only issue we had was a pricing misunderstanding, but it was ultimately rectified.  Recommended.

Mother of the Bride Dress:

Lingerie and Bridal by Lisa (A+)
Parsippany, NJ
www.bridalbylisa.com
(Oct. '12 Wedding) My mother got her dress from here (as well as her shoes and bag), and she loved the whole experience.  Lisa was incredibly knowledgeable, and really nice to work with.  Highly recommended!!

Cake:

Cafe Pierrot (A+)
http://www.cafepierrot.com/
Sparta/Andover, NJ

(Oct. 2012) We ordered cupcakes and a small top cake from them.  Half of the cupcakes were red velvet, and the other half chocolate.  They were delicious, everyone loved them!  Cafe Pierrot went above and beyond to accommodate my requests.  I showed them a picture I had found online of cupcakes with a leaf cutout on top, and not only did they not have a problem replicating the design, they went out of their way to find the EXACT SAME leaf cut out.  I would highly recommend them!!

Invitations:

Cards and Pockets (A+)
www.cardsandpockets.com

(Oct. 2012) The quality of the card stock and paper from Cards and Pockets is wonderful!  I designed our save the dates and invitations (along with table numbers, and programs), and ordered all of the paper supplies from them.  We received SO MANY compliments, and they really came out beautifully!

Accommodations:

Holiday Inn Express (F)
http://www.ihg.com/holidayinnexpress/hotels/us/en/newton/nwtnj/hoteldetail
Newton, NJ

(Oct. 2012) This was really the only hotel nearby, so we were kind of stuck with it.  The woman I dealt with was nice enough, but their policies are extremely problematic.  The hotel really isn't big enough to host events, so they make you sign a waiver if you want any number of rooms over 30, basically saying you will cover in full the price of those rooms that are not booked.  And this is IN TOTAL, so since we needed rooms for both the night of the rehearsal dinner and the wedding, this was extremely tight.  I would stay far, far away from this hotel if at all possible.

Wooden Duck Bed and Breakfast (A+)
Newton, NJ
www.woodenduckinn.com/

(Oct. 2012) We stayed here on our wedding night.  The room that we booked (the Golden-Eye) was beautiful.  The owners were so nice, and really made us feel welcome.  It's in a somewhat secluded location, so it was nice and quiet.  Breakfast was great!  They have a pool if you are staying there during the summer.  We really loved our time here!

Rehearsal Dinner:

Mohawk House (A+)
Sparta, NJ
http://mohawkhouse.com/

(Oct. 2012) We held our rehearsal dinner at the Mohawk House, and everything about it was great!  The atmosphere inside is very warm and welcoming, yet still elegant enough for an event.  The food was excellent, and the owner was super nice and easy to work with.

Hair and Nails:

International Salon and Spa (A+)
Sparta, NJ
http://www.internationalsalonandspa.com/

(Oct. 2012) They did my hair, along with my mom, grandma and bridesmaids' hair.  We also had our nails done there (mani and pedi, no fake nails, just polish).  I had Karl as my hair stylist and he did AMAZING work!  He was very friendly, and somehow knew what to do with the five or so pictures I gave him to make my hair perfect for our wedding.  On the day of the wedding, they had bagels and mimosas for everyone.  If you are in the Sussex County area, PLEASE use them!  They are great!

Favors:

Plant a Memory
www.plantamemory.com

(Oct. 2012) This company specializes in "plantable" wedding favors--bulbs, seeds, seedlings, etc.  We ordered daffodil and iris bulbs from them.  The packaging (favor boxes) come as soon as you place your order, and they are easy to assemble.  The bulbs come a couple of weeks before your wedding date.  Shipping was exactly as described, there were no problems with timing whatsoever.  Guests really liked their favors, and we liked that they weren't just another trinket to throw away.

Etsy:

EllaKate Jewelery (A+)
http://www.etsy.com/shop/EllaKateJewelry

(Oct. 2012 Wedding) This seller was super, super nice.  I ordered a necklace for my flower girl from her, and she was incredibly helpful through the entire process.  She even made sure to get me the listing with the lower price, as she had raised her prices recently.  One of the nicest Etsy vendors I have ever ordered from.

KAntikoy (A+)
http://www.etsy.com/shop/KAntikoy

(Oct. 2012 Wedding) I ordered a rustic wreath with our last initial on it from this seller.  Her prices were very reasonable, and her work was great!  We continue to display the wreath in our home.

Lynn Claire (A+)
www.etsy.com/shop/LynneClaire

(Oct. 2012 Wedding) I ordered a customized bridal hanger from this seller.  She was quick to respond and to ship the product.  It was beautiful, and really added to the pictures of my dress.

Modern Shabby (D)
www.etsy.com/shop/ModernShabby
www.modernshabby.com

(Oct. 2012 Wedding) I ordered a flower girl basket, a guest book and a card box from this Etsy shop.  The flower girl basket was ready to ship, and it arrived promptly and without issue.  Very well made.  The problems were with the guest book and card box.  I ordered these IN APRIL of 2012, and they were not shipped until OCTOBER 1st, TWO WEEKS BEFORE MY WEDDING.  She kept pushing back the ship date repeatedly, until I gave up and asked for my money back.  I guess that woke her up, as she finally shipped my items.  They were very nice, however the undue stress this seller caused was not worth it.  The shop is no longer in business (I wonder why?), but I am including this review in case they ever come back.  Buyer beware!

OtisBWeddings (A+)
www.etsy.com/shop/OtisBWeddings

(Oct. 2012 Wedding) The bridesmaids' necklaces I received from this seller were stunning.  My bridesmaids loved them, and continue to wear them!  The items shipped very quickly and without issue, and the seller was easy to work with.

Rosebud Lips (A+)
www.etsy.com/shop/rosebudlips

(Oct. 2012 Wedding) I ordered a beautiful garter set and clutch from this seller.  She shipped out the items quickly, and they were just as gorgeous in person as on her shop page.

Simply Blue Bridal (A+)
www.etsy.com/shop/SimplyBlueBridal
(Oct. 2012 Wedding) The veil I received from Ariel was stunning.  I got so many compliments on it, including from the bridal shop where I bought my wedding gown.  The seller was extremely pleasant to work with, and the order shipped exactly when she said it would.  Highly recommended!!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers 

Re: Vendor Reviews for October 2012 Wedding-long!

• Options
    Just one note: my husband and I are both musicians, so all of the music for the wedding was done by our very talented and generous friends!  I did not want to include that information as I think it would be advertising.

• Options
    Congratulations! I will also be using Cafe Pierrot for my wedding cake and I'm glad to see you had a great experience with them.
  • Options
    Good luck with the rest of your wedding planning!!!  They were great, we really liked them.  Have you had a tasting yet? :)

• Options
    We went to a tasting at our venue, Black Bear at crystal springs, and they sent us home with an entire cake sample. It was delicious!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards