Not Engaged Yet
Options

How was your weekend?

edited July 2013 in Not Engaged Yet
How was your weekend?
I'm posting early while still home to show a pic of the dress I said yes to this weekend.  I'll only leave the pic up for a little while, but here you go.  It's a little too poufy but that will come down a bit.  I love it I was crying.  Ok I'm late for work more later.

Anniversary

Re: How was your weekend?

• Options
    Aww, this is the one I loved the most on you! you look beautiful in it!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• Options
    CLoGreenEyesCLoGreenEyes member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited July 2013
    @peaseblossom55, that is a gorgeous dress - I love the bodice! You look terrific!

I worked, studied, PMSed, and ate a lot of chocolate this weekend. My poor family, BF, and co-workers had a very cranky Amapola to put up with.

I think I should just copy and paste the above into every one of these weekend threads until this class ends for the summer, lol. I feel like that's all my life is now.

ETA: How did I forget the only fun part of my weekend? Haha, my mom and I went to see The Heat on Friday. It was hilarious!
  • Options

I love the dress!!!!!! You look so gorgeous! I love all the details, I've never seen anything like it before and it's stunning!

My weekend was good, BF and I went to Cabela's with our friends to do some tent and camping supply shopping. They didn't find the tent they wanted, but I was able to get a hose to hook up my camping stove and grill to my big propane tank so I was very happy about that. We went to Red Robin and I got sick a few hours later.

Sunday BF's mom came over then we brought Quigley to Petsmart where he peed all over the place. We decided to sign him up for obedience classes so we're off to summer school starting the 23rd! Then I made an awesome meal in the crock pot.

Last night BF and I were talking about our future and it seems really exciting what is in store. Scary, but exciting. For the longest time, we couldn't reach an agreement about certain timeline events but have finally worked on a "rough draft timeline" that we're both happy with.

This weekend is my birthday celebration weekend so I'm looking forward to that more! BF and I decided that since going out to dinner isn't very exciting to me that we're going to do something random during the day on Saturday. Saturday night we'll probably have friends over and drink. I'm getting all the drinking done this week since I'm going to be laying off the alcohol. I realized it's a big contributor to my recent weight gain (I really wish vodka had 0 calories!)

Today I get out at 2:30 (yeah this isn't the weekend.....) but I'm just happy to get out a few hours early today!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • Options
    @peaseblossom55 that was my favorite!! You look beautiful!!

My weekend was pretty quiet. Friday night was spent with R on the couch watching tv and snuggling.

Saturday R asked me if I'd help him with the gardening and prettying up of the front of his house. Other than that, I puttered around the house being lazy until I decided to see Despicable Me 2. I was slightly disappointed- I think the first one was better.

Sunday was laundry, lunch at grand units, and baking my butt off. I made four batches of muffins, a batch of key lime cookies and a batch of key lime bars.
  • Options
    Beautiful dress!

Saturday I spend a lot of time trying to get rid of one poison ivy from a spot in our backyard and then spent the afternoon with my fiancé while he finished up working.

Sunday we went to church followed by breakfast and mall shopping for our rings, toasting flutes, and wedding party gifts . Although we didn't find any wedding party gifts , our rings more specifically mine is amazing!
  • Options

@cutiger97 @buddysmom80 @amapola14 @irishdreamer thank you so much I love the dress. it was so different from anything else I tried I( i tried on close to 40 dresses) It makes me so happy.

The rest of my weekend wasn't nearly as fun we are working to create a paver patio for the backyard.  Friday we did some prep work the execavators came while I was at work. Saturday afternoon involved spreading 11 tons of rock over the patio area.  I am so incredibly sore. I have a blister and my legs are covered in mosquito bites.  Sunday FI was doing more work on the patio, I was too sore to move to I stayed inside in the air conditioning watching Sex & the city episodes and trying to find wedding shoes now. It might not be as impossible as I though though.

Anniversary

• Options
    Proof of my baking.... Took most of them in for the guys at work. They've been whining that I haven't baked in forever lol
  • Options
    @peaseblossom55 - You are beautiful and look like a princess! I'm so happy for you! 

@Amapola14 - I really want to see The Heat, I heard it was really funny. 

@buddysmom80 - HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Lucy did the classes at Petsmart, she did really well with them. What did you make in the crockpot?

@IrishDreamer - WHOA! What did you bake all of that for? Send me some?

My weekend was great! Friday I got out of work early and H and I went to Macys to get some things from our registry. We got the rest of the towels that we wanted and a few kitchen items and ordered a new cutting board and egg cooker which I'm really excited about. We had dinner there and then saw World War Z which I actually loved. 

Saturday, H and I went to the beach for the day then I went out with my BFF in the city that night. I got home around 11:30 and passed right out! 

Yesterday was a lazy day. I watched a couple Lifetime movies that I DVRed (the Jodi Arias, Elizabeth Smart, and Lacie Peterson ones). H has never watched the Sopranos and it's one of my favorite shows of all time so we started on episode 1 last night before I watched Big Brother and then Dexter. I wasn't kidding when I said it was a lazy day! 

• Options
    @swazzle- thank you. FI & I both want to see World War Z we read the book glad to hear it was good.  We just need to make the time to go and see it...

Anniversary

• Options
    @swazzle the guys at work and my roommate have been bitching that I haven't baked in ages, so I did lol.
  • Options
    labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its

@Peaseblossom55 Your dress is gorgeous! I love it! It's definitely something special... I really love all the detailing on the bodice.

This weekend was my mom's 50th birthday bash. The party was a huge success but I forgot to make my jalapeno "cookies "so now I'm stuck with a bunch of cream cheese and parmesan cheese and I don't know what to do with it. We've basically had 2 straight weeks of rain so BF and I didn't get yard work done yesterday. Pretty sure our grass is a foot high in some spots now because we literally can't get outside to mow. Instead I hung curtains and pictures and BF organized the garage and did stuff in the crawl space. Later we watched Pixar's Up! for the first time and I'm pretty sure I started crying 5 minutes into the movie. It was so adorable and sad all at the same time.

• Options
    Thank you @lmhollister I love the movie Up the first few minutes of the movie are so good!!!

Anniversary

• Options

That dress is so beautiful!!!

Weekend was lazy here...just relaxing with H, and a trip to Wisconsin to celebrate my nephew's 13th birthday.  I can't believe he is so old (and I'm so old) already...I remember being the first person to hold that little hand when he came out, the first to feed him solid food, etc.  How does time fly so fast?

• Options
    @peaseblossom55 love the dress!! :)

@Swazzle, how was the Jodi Arias one?  I was watching lifetime movies Wednesday while being sick and kept seeing commercials for that one, lol.

My stomach was/is still acting up this weekend so that was annoying, but we finished some big projects around the house so that was awesome.  Good times.
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • Options
    Thanks everyone.  One of the things I miss about living alone I could watch lifetime movies anytime I wanted to.  I don't watch that channel as much as I used to, lol. FI can't stand them. We only have one other TV in the bedroom right now and it's way smaller. I try to watch those type of things when FI is out playing hockey.

Anniversary

• Options
    Oh what a beautiful dress!!!

My weekend was really pretty good - got thrown for a major loop on Wednesday after work and I spent most of the weekend trying to mentally reconcile it. We went to my parents' place on Thursday, saw the fireworks and one of my favorite cover bands so that was fun. Spent ridiculous amounts of money on Friday on more craft supplies and yarn, spent the rest of the weekend knitting. BF got me a "just because" gift - a copy of "The Incredible Machine 3", which was one of my favorite games as a kid. It has aged really well - it's still fun and challenging. 

Now I'm stuck back at work in the middle of my existential quandary, full of loathing and self-doubt and wracked with the pain and isolation of my pitiful meaningless existence, with no ticket to Albuquerque.
  • Options
    @Blue&White - Ehh honestly, I didn't love it. I was kind of bored through a lot of it. There are definitely some better ones. 

• Options
    Swazzle said:
    @Blue&White - Ehh honestly, I didn't love it. I was kind of bored through a lot of it. There are definitely some better ones. 

@swazzle, I didn't love it either. It seemed to drag on and I personally didn't enjoy the acting.
  • Options
    @Peaseblossom55: Congratulations on finding 'the dress'!  It's really lovely and your smile says it all, I'm so happy for you!

@LivLeighton: H does the same thing with our wine glasses.  I guess it's my fault because I like the really huge ones.  This is also probably why I'm fat, too, @Buddysmom80.  I tried the Skinny Girl Chardonnay recently, it didn't completely suck.  I'm using the LiveStrong app to track my food and exercise, really going to button down for the next month or so.  Hoping it helps.  Vacations and travel for work don't make it very easy.

This weekend was great.  Got a couple of workouts in (yay!) and spent a lot of time with the kids.  On the 4th H and I visited a local country club with some friends and spent time with them swimming.  We decided to join as 'social' members, which gives us access to the pool and tennis courts, and a small handful of rounds of golf.  We are not big golfers (I loathe it) so H will likely use the rounds for himself and his buddies which is just fine with me.  The club is right around the corner from our house, so we took the kids swimming both Saturday and Sunday, and brought my BFF and her son yesterday too.  I'm a little crispy today, but it's so nice, the pool is beautiful.  

We did some fireworks in the driveway with the kids on Saturday night, too, which is always fun.  My ankles got eaten alive and somehow I ended up with FOUR mosquito bites on my butt! I was wearing some PJ pants, so this makes no sense to me, but H actually had to put Cortisone cream on them last night so I could sleep!  I told him, 'Yup, honeymoon is definitely over!'  Was pretty funny, but honestly, the weirdest place I've ever had mosquito bites.  

Meddied since 6/15/13!
  • Options
    @radleyboo, I've had the mosquito bites on my thighs before and the only possible way was through my pants.. It's bad when pants can't even block those nasty things from biting. Fiancé and I got some yard spray from Home Depot for Mosquitos and other bugs and now were mosquito free! 
  • Options
    @Jessica41381-what brand is it?  Does it mention if it is safe for kids and pets?  We have both.  We also had a very wet spring so the mosquitos are like teradactyls this year.  
    Meddied since 6/15/13!
  • Options
    @radleyboo, they have Off brand that covers more sq footage but isn't safe for kids or pets for 24hrs. They also have Cutter brand which is all natural, safe for kids and pets but covers less sq footage.
  • Options
    I'll have to look into this yard spray at Home Depot for our yard, the mosquito bites I got this weekend are awful.

Anniversary

• Options
    @peaseblossom55  Love the dress!  You look so happy in it!

@LivLeighton Your BF's wine glass comments make me think of Big Joe in Cougar Town.  Everyone needs a glass like that.

I did too much stuff this weekend to condense it all here.  I saw lots of family and friends!  Now I'm just sad my week of vacation is over and I'm back at work.  Today's an office day to catch up on what I missed last week, and I have no motivation to be doing that. 
    photo bridalparty.jpg
  • Options
    @suzie211 thank you. ahhhh I love that wine glass!!! Somedays I need one that big, mine are actually pretty small.

Anniversary

• Options
    @Peaseblossom55 That dress is stunning and it looks great on you!

Happy Birthday, @buddysmom80!

My weekend was pretty good.  We spent the 4th up in the city and had lots of fun until FI's friend and his FI got in a huge fight and she threatened to move back to Canada.  Fortunately she didn't!  I spent Friday morning recovering, then went to the bank to open a joint account with FI, and then met up with friends for dinner and a movie later on.  Saturday we decided at the last minute to get a hotel room in the city, so we bopped around most of the day and then met FI's parents for dinner.  Sunday we had breakfast with FI's family and then headed back home and did some grocery shopping.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @Peaseblossom55 , the spray is amazing! Super easy to spray, just attach to a hose and spray away! It says it lasts 8 weeks but when we sprayed last year we did it once and that was enough.
  • Options

@belle2188 thank you

@jessica41381 wow sounds great now that our backyard is almost ready to have people there we should probably try to prevent mosquitos as much as possible.  We don't have any dogs or kids to worry about either when we spray. thanks!

Anniversary

• Options
    @Peaseblossom55 - Your dress is gorgeous! You look amazing!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards