Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

Happy Tuesday!

Good morning!
  I hope everyone had a nice holiday.  My trip to Pittsburgh were very nice-FI and I had a good time.  We got two major things checked off the to do list while we were there-we met with the minister for our counseling session and to plan the ceremony and FI finally picked out the tuxes!  They look so nice-i'm really excited about it.
  Otherwise, back to work today-the kids will be nuts and hyper on Easter candy:-)  Have a great day!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Happy Tuesday!

• Options
    jezebelljezebell member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yay for the checks!  At this point I'm thinking the only thing that will get me jumpstarted is to hit the lottery.  It's supposed to be nice out and I hope it gives me a good attitude.   Hope everyone has a good day!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Happy Tuesday everyone!  I passed the ethics exam portion of the bar exam for all states requiring it (different states have different required scores, PA is among the lowest, lol) but now those scores are good for 3 years, so if I want to go somewhere else, no need to take this portion again!  yippee!!

DH is gone all week again and I must find motivation to return all these items to stores that have been accumulating in my jeep to return!
    August Siggy Challenge- Wedding Must Have - sleigh cake stand Bio updated 04/05/10.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    gmc22gmc22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good Morning!!
    My computer is up and running again! Yay! I got one of those crazy April Fools Day viruses that were out there :( I'm LOVING this weather! It's supposed to be 86 today and 90 tomorrow!! Can you believe it?!? 90?!? Crazy... Anyway, I have some checks to report too! When I was home over the weekend we toured the hotels and got our room blocks situated and I booked the florist!! I'm SO happy with her. We were on the EXACT same page with everything and the price came in very good! So that was the last big thing on my list!! yay!!

Heather - YAY for all the checks! I'm glad you enjoyed your weekend in Pittsburgh and good luck with the little ones today! I'm sure spring fever is going wild~

Bri - CONGRATS on passing the exam!! How exciting!! --Great news! I hope you have an ok week w/out DH... I hate being alone when FI is gone! At least you have your puppy! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Good Morning! It is too freaking hot here!! I normally love hot weather, but not when our AC isn't on yet. It's 80-85 in our apt. I was going to make lasagna tonight, but no way am I turning on the oven! My BFF comes today- hopefully she'll survive the heat and all of the walking we'll do. I'm really looking forward to tom. and Thurs. off, esp. since my coworker was going to take off and I beat her to it. Laughing 

H- Good to "see" you again, and yay for the checks!

Bri- Congrats on passing that part of the bar exam!

G- Glad your computer got fixed, and yay for your checks as well!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Good morning!  My work schedule is crazy today, but at least I will be able to run a few errands this morning. 

Heather-Great checks! 
    Jezebell-The sun has done wonders for my mood! Enjoy the day!
    Bri-Congrats on passing the ethics portion of the Bar!  That has to be such a relief!
    GMC-YAY for major checks!  You are on the ball!
    Kim-My office yesterday was 80 degrees and the heat is on :(  I feel your pain!  Hopefully things will get better!  Its supposed to be 48 here on Friday.

Have a great day!

Favorite Thing About Fall- Fall Foods, apple pie, pumpkin cookies, apple cider... YUM!

Planning Bio

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Good Morning! I felt not so great yesterday, so I took a sick day. I am not happy to be here, but I have a dentist appointment at 2:40, so I will leave here early and "work from home" afterwards. The dentist is just a cleaning, so I am happy to be out early.

Off topic, I just panned up and saw the video that TK plays and this couple were totally making out during their first kiss, like seriously making out. That seems a little much for me, IMO.

H- Very nice checks! Where did you get the tuxes?
    Jezebel- Get out there and enjoy the day! (hope that push helps you!)
    Bri- YAY! Congratulations on passing the ethics portion!!! That is awesome!! Also, didn't you guys look at a house yesterday? How did that go?
    Kim- I hear you on the heat. Way to hot out, way too soon. On Friday, it is supposed to be back down to 60! It cannot come soon enough!
    GMC- You have rooms at the Wyndham and the Holiday Inn in Oakland right? I didn't even think about touring them, I just figured they'd be good enough. How were they? Also, you are so on the ball... slow down, your making me look bad. Smile
    Duq- Hope your office cools down and work slows down!

Have a great day everyone!
    RT + JB
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    The only item I will not compromise on...my bouquet of all purple tulips wrapped in a swatch from my Mom's wedding dress.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

hahah!  make-out session for the first kiss!  too funny!  I wonder what I'll do for mine... which makes me think of 'the wedding singer'.  lol

Good Morning Ladies! I love how warm it is out! My office is usually freezing- so its actually nice right now!
    Congrats for passing the ethics part Bri! Thats awesome!
    Have fun with your BFF Kim!

Yay for a florist GMC!!

• Options
    edited December 2011

J (and others)- there is a way to hide the knot TV, I just can't remember how right now. It might say in the "Welcome to the Pgh Board", I'm not sure. I've had it hidden for quite a while now, b/c it's annoying and slows down my computer!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hmmm- Thanks Kim, I'll look around.

Oh, GMC- What florist are you using??
    RT + JB
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    The only item I will not compromise on...my bouquet of all purple tulips wrapped in a swatch from my Mom's wedding dress.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Kim/JL- If you righ click on the Pittsburgh Board Header on the main page, it allows you to view frame in new window (or tab) and the videos are gone :)  HTH!
    Favorite Thing About Fall- Fall Foods, apple pie, pumpkin cookies, apple cider... YUM!

Planning Bio

• Options
    gmc22gmc22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    jl - To be honest, it was my mom's idea to tour the hotels! lol! I never thought about it! My FFIL said that we should have at least 3 hotel blocks for guests to choose.... does anyone know anything abou that?!? The Holiday Inn was very nice! And SUPER close to both my ceremony and reception! I think it's very close to the twentieth century club too!! :) As for the Wyndham... I was unimpressed... it was old and kind of smelled funky. My mom hated it and my dad wasn't very happy with it either (b/c of accessbilitiey issues). I'll probably keep the blocks but try to steer guests in a different direction... In mid May this year my FIL's are coming in town to look at everything so we'll see what they think! We might also try to get the Sheraton in Station Square or William Penn for a more 'upscale' option... At least that's what FFIL wants to do... To me, a room is a room...

We ended up going with Gida's Florist in Oakland... right on Forbes Ave. Carole was awesome and had some amazing ideas! The prices were great too... It was a reference from my best friend. Her sister is getting married this summer and they're using Gida's. If you want her info PM me :)
  • Options
    LaFemmeRousseLaFemmeRousse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good morning ladies!  I am jealousE of all your nice weather!  Nothing but thunderstorms here, day and night, seriously impeding the installation of new windows in my bedroom :(  Had kickboxing last night then cooked dinner with my BFF and watched the basketball.  Tonight FI and I have our first official pre-wedding ballroom lesson!

Heather, welcome back and yay for good checks!
    Jez, how are you feeling these days?  Do you have morning sickness at all?
    Bri, YAY for passing!
    G, who did you end up with for a florist?
    Kim, have so much fun with your friend visiting.  (And I missed this last week, but big congratulations to your DH on the job!)
    JL, feel better today.

Sara, I always think of that movie when I think of wedding kisses too.  "Church tongue"  :)

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
    Vacation
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Thanks, LaFemme! Enjoy your first ballroom lesson!

Thanks for posting the instructions, Meg. I knew it was somethng with a right-click, but I am not very tech savvy!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    JLbaxter.  We did look at the house a second time and are going to make an offer.  IF our stupid agent ever gets off dead center.  While I could certainly write the offer myself - what I am paying him 3% for?!  Fingers crossed he gets off his kiester and writes an offer.
    August Siggy Challenge- Wedding Must Have - sleigh cake stand Bio updated 04/05/10.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Bri-congrats on passing your exam!
    gmc-great checks!  I'm glad you found a florist you really like!  I ended up choosing 2 hotels for the guests-one is swanky and more expensive but includes some nice extras (breakfast in the morning, evening reception) and the other is ok but cheap-I think 2 options is enough.

jl-hope you feel better and good luck at the dentist-i hate going no matter WHAT reason.  And we ended up going to Men's Wearhouse in Ross Park mall for the tuxes.  We looked 3 placed but we liked theirs the best.

Kim-have fun with your BFF!  It's hot here too, fortunately I live 10 minutes from my work and WAY up the mountain so it's always about 10-15 degrees cooler there:-)
    Jenn-have fun at the lessons~!  That sounds like fun!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards