New Jersey
Options

Please recommend a creative, yet affordable, photographer

Jason Rhee is booked for my April 12th wedding so I am in the market for a fun and affordable photographer. by fun I just mean getting creative with light and shadows, photojournalistic - not just all posed stuff and budget wise I would like to stay within $2500-$3000 for an engagement session. large album for us and two parent albums.

Thanks for your help!

Re: Please recommend a creative, yet affordable, photographer

• Options
    Photography by Orlando, he may be able to work with your budget. Also check out Karmapants Photography. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Dancer2873Dancer2873 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited July 2013
    Jessica Oh Photography or Kamila Harris Photography. They don't do albums but they are creative and in the 3k range.
  • Options
    Chris Carter Photography, they are located in Warwick, NY. I'm getting married in Montville, and they had no issue with traveling into NJ. They have some examples of their work on their website and tons on their Facebook page.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm using Dawn Joseph Photography; she's absolutely amazing.  I know her prices have gone up since I booked her for our wedding, but I'm not sure how much.  Another photographer that I considered was RyoNo Photography (also out of Warwick); his prices start around $2400 and I think he includes an engagement session.  
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    MTC - Moments to Capture
  • Options
    Check Robert Wayne Photography.  We thought his pricing was very similar to Jason's, but his albums are MUCH nicer and we just found we clicked better with his personality.
  • Options
    Kinga at ks.photo studio.
  • Options

Bill Gregorio is an amazing photographer and very affordable

He's very talented & hes been in the bridal industry like 20 years..

862 368  9749

• Options
    does bill gregorio have more work than whats on facebook because from what i seen his work doesn't look too creative?
  • Options
    M & A Photography and Video
    very reasonable prices
    www.maphotoandvideo.com
    973-812-9250
  • Options
    GB520GB520 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    Try the pros 
  • Options
    Dean Michael's Studio! 

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Visit Fall.weddings.com
  • Options
    I would avoid The Pros.  Though some (it reallys sounds like only a few) have had good experiences, they have a very poor reputation.  At least for photo and video.  They are cheap, but there's a reason.
  • Options
    Check out Jason Rhee!! Super nice and very affordable!
  • Options
    bereasonable2bereasonable2 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited September 2013
    does bill gregorio have more work than whats on facebook because from what i seen his work doesn't look too creative?
    Well, it appears that "JaclynGravesMakeup" is a vendor/make up artist and she's friends with Bill Gregorio on Facebook. And I agree, his work on Facebook looks atrocious. I'm going to assume that's the best he's got because if you look at his website: http://www.billgregoriophoto.com/billgregoriophoto.com/Welcome.html the work there is worse.

This is proof that anyone can just pick up a camera and call themselves a "photographer."
  • Options
    FI & I looked at the pros quite a bit actually for video & DJ, we went to one of their events where you can meet their vendors. Overall really unimpressed.  I didn't like going through a big company like that anyway.

I highly recommend Jason Rhee we just did our engagement shoot with him and I can't wait to get the pictures back. He was so accommodating with his packages.  I hate being photographed but he made us feel so comfortable and relaxed.

Anniversary

• Options
    I'm not recommending the pros anymore bc of terrible reviews but I did know a girl who was pleased with them. I won't take that kind of chance with my wedding though. Fyi I posted before I knew about them hiring people off of craigslist ick! 
  • Options
    We used Stephanie Jones Photography and couldn't be happier with our photos. 

• Options
    She did say that Jason Rhee is booked for her date and she is looking for other options?! Is everyone reading the post or just shouting out who they used or are using?
  • Options
    My co-worker recently told me about Ripped Hat Photography.  She is a friend of Telma, the owner.  You can see most of her stuff on Facebook.  I think she is pretty creative, but I have not personally used her.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards