Illinois-Chicago

Chicago Post Office Hand Cancel Invitiations

I was told today at the Post Office on Ashland and Wellington that they don't hand cancel like they use to and that if you do want to hand cancel you need to add an extra 0.20 cents to the postage on each invitation. Then it gets sent to s separate department but it's not the traditional hand cancel like it use to be. The lady seemed to be very indifferent to my dilemma. I already had my invitations stamped with two beautiful vintage flower seed forever stamps because due to the square envelop they cost more 0.86 instead of the 0.66 so I really didn't want to put more stamps on them. Especially since I worked so hard to make them look good with two stamps adding a third my options were either a 0.20 stamp that wouldn't match or drop another 0.46 on each and add a third stamp. In the end I decided it wasn't worth the hassle but I am very bummed. Wanted to put this out there so that others would know as I had a hard time finding any up to date information on this topic.

Anyone else run into this?

Good Luck to all of you!

Re: Chicago Post Office Hand Cancel Invitiations

• I am a  police officer and I thought oh maybe if i go in uniform they can hook it up for me, no, they wont. i got the same answer... i would have to pay more.  luckily we used black envelopes and you couldn't tell that they went through the sorting machine
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • The post office on California will let you self-hand cancel with a stamp without a fee.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards