Nevada-Las Vegas

Caesars Resort Fees

I saw an earlier post about this when I searched just now, but I have an additional rant!  

I was surprised when we checked into Planet Hollywood over the weekend that they mentioned the resort fee.  When I told the check in person that I was surprised he said not to worry that because I was platinum status the fee was waived.  My FI and I both assumed this meant we got the benefits of what the resort fee was for and didn't have to pay for it - not the case!  Being platinum only gives you the option to opt out of the fee, if we wanted wi-fi and gym access we would had to pay.  So ridiculous!  

We had our dream wedding at Mirage on May 3, 2014! 

Re: Caesars Resort Fees

• That sounds like Hyatt's frequent traveler program.  I have platinum status with them which is supposed to give you free internet at all of their hotels.  However, if you stay at a property that has a 'resort fee' that includes internet, you still have to pay it.  I stayed at one recently where the resort fee got you three things for $15/day; two bottles of water, internet and local calls.  I was like well I'd like it waived because I already get free internet; they wouldn't do it, so that actually made the resort fee even more insulting since now I was effectively paying $15/day for two bottles of water.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• AMS482AMS482 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    There are only a handful of places out here that don't charge the resort fee. Just wait until the entertainment tax kicks in.  Concerts, shows and events that people want to do while in Vegas during a wedding weekend will cost so much more. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards