Moms and Maids
Options

Finding Bridesmaids Dresses for Everyone

Help!  I have three bridesmaids with three different body types who live in three different states.  And I will be planning the wedding from a different country (my fiancee is British).  Any ideas on finding dresses that are affordable and easily accessible for all three of them?  I hate everything for 'maids on David's Bridal, btw. 
The minute I heard my first love story I started looking for you, not knowing how blind that was. Lovers don't finally meet somewhere. They're in each other all along. -The Essential Rumi
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Finding Bridesmaids Dresses for Everyone

• Options
    What about Alfred Angelo?  Give them a color, fabric, and length and tell them to get what flatters them.
  • Options
    Oh, I like what I see there so far!!  Thank you!
    The minute I heard my first love story I started looking for you, not knowing how blind that was. Lovers don't finally meet somewhere. They're in each other all along. -The Essential Rumi
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    You could also just give them a length and color and let them all pick their own dress.

• Options

Look up Bella Bridesmaid. They are a nationwide franchise that carries a number of different designers. Your girls can try on dresses and get measured at three different stores but then place the order through one store.

I just went and visited one store. I think this is what I'll end up doing since I also have girls all over the place. We're going for Alfred Sung dresses.

• Options
    Look at JCrew or Ann Taylor. I have 4 BMs from boy-ish rectangle figure to hippy to curvy and busty who live in 3 different states. I did Ann Taylor. I chose a fabric, a length and a color and let them choose the rest.
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    I did bill levkoff 778 its very flattering on all body typed and all over my bridesmaids ordered them in different states.... but regardless chiffon is fabric that looks good on everyone 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Or just give them a color and go with that. I told my BMs navy and they found fabulous dresses in their price range and budget. 
  • Options

Or just give them a color and go with that. I told my BMs navy and they found fabulous dresses in their price range and budget. 

Navy is my main color, too, and I guess I'm worried that I might end up with three different shades of navy, you know? 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    krieli1 said:

Navy is my main color, too, and I guess I'm worried that I might end up with three different shades of navy, you know? 
    Navy is my main color, too. The Ann Taylor navy is a really beautiful, dark shade of navy. They have sales often - get on their mailing list and they'll have events where everything is 30-40% off. If you have the time, let your BM's know the strategy and when to pull the trigger. This helped everyone stay under budget.
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    krieli1 said:

I ended up with three different shades of navy.  They all still complimented each other, and, at least in my opinion, it looked awesome!
  • Options
    Thanks so much for all the great advice, everyone! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

I picked out a dress from Talbots for my three bridesmaids. Talbot's has women, petite and regular sizes- one section for each lady! The dress is navy and can easily be worn again and dressed up or down.

http://www.talbots.com/online/browse/product_details.jsp?id=prdi30543&mode=search&backurl=%2Fonline%2Fsearch%2FsearchResults.jsp%3Fquestion%3Dfit%2Band%2Bflare%26trail%3D%26pageNum%3D0%26addFacet%3DSRCH%253Afit%2Band%2Bflare%26removeFacet%3D 

• Options

For my cousin's wedding, she gave all of her maids a few paint sample swatches (you could just tell them the colors) and let them pick their own dresses as long as they matched a swatch. Just an idea :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards