Wisconsin
Options

limited space at venue dilemma

Hello all!! So my fiancé and I got engaged in May and the planning process has officially begun! We are going to look at our first reception/ceremony site this Friday and I already know it is the perfect location. We are planning a fall wedding and it is a new venue at a historic site in the kettle moraine in western Sheboygan county. It is a beautiful rustic building and fits our vision completely. I haven't even seen the inside and I'm already in love. Although I fear I am setting myself up for heartbreak. I started compiling our guest list and it is quite larger than I expected. The main seating area inside for the reception only will fit 172 guests at tables. That leaves roughly 100!! There is seating available outside as well, but it will be a fall evening and we all know how chilly that can be in Wisconsin, not to mention I don't want to be rude and separate my guests. A large tent outside could be an option for dinner but my mother is opposed to the idea as she has witnessed a muddy tent disaster. I hate to pass up on what would be a beautiful location. I simply don't want to settle and regret it. What are you're thoughts? Is it rude to separate guests outside from the main dining area? What about a tent? Thank you so much!!

Re: limited space at venue dilemma

• Options
    itzMSitzMS member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    Hello all!! So my fiancé and I got engaged in May and the planning process has officially begun! We are going to look at our first reception/ceremony site this Friday and I already know it is the perfect location. We are planning a fall wedding and it is a new venue at a historic site in the kettle moraine in western Sheboygan county. It is a beautiful rustic building and fits our vision completely. I haven't even seen the inside and I'm already in love. Although I fear I am setting myself up for heartbreak. I started compiling our guest list and it is quite larger than I expected. The main seating area inside for the reception only will fit 172 guests at tables. That leaves roughly 100!! There is seating available outside as well, but it will be a fall evening and we all know how chilly that can be in Wisconsin, not to mention I don't want to be rude and separate my guests. A large tent outside could be an option for dinner but my mother is opposed to the idea as she has witnessed a muddy tent disaster. I hate to pass up on what would be a beautiful location. I simply don't want to settle and regret it. What are you're thoughts? Is it rude to separate guests outside from the main dining area? What about a tent? Thank you so much!!

I attended a late September outdoor wedding last year and we all froze. Outdoors in the fall evening in WI can be a poor choice.

I think you'll either have to cut your guest list or find a new venue.

There are tons of horror stories on TK from brides who "over-invite" for their venue size. It's a bad idea.

• Options
    I think that if you can afford a heated tent with flooring for dinner that would be a good option - and if it's nice and you don't need to heat it even better!

Otherwise you need to make tough decisions about your guest list or venue.

image 209 Invited
    image 151 Yes
    image 46 No

Daisypath Wedding tickers 

• Options
    Talk to some rental companies about tents.  We saw a few tents when looking at venues and the floors they use for them are really nice now.  No muddy disasters.
  • Options
    Thank you so much! I think the floor would be a great idea but I can imagine it could get quite expensive for the rentals!! Tough decisions to make but thanks again for the advice!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards