Missouri-St Louis

African-American hair & makeup rec. anyone??

Hello ladies. I'm searching for a makeup artist and hair stylist who is great at working with African-American skin for makeup (preferably airbrushed) and able to style African-American hair.... I've had challenges finding a hair stylist for my wedding hairdo. My hair type is soft spiral curls (no need to for a relaxer). Has anyone out there had a good experience with a stylist and makeup artist that works well with "black women's" hair and makeup?

Re: African-American hair & makeup rec. anyone??

• @MFTinSTL..not sure if you will see this but should contact The Vanity (the_vanity_movement@yahoo.com) she is an excellent make-up artist and also works well with natural hair. I think using someone at a MAC counter is also a good way to go. The person I am recommending used to work at a MAC counter. Good luck!
    Anniversary
  • MFTinSTLMFTinSTL member
    First Comment
    edited August 2013
    Thanks Rowenac82! I will check her out.
  • If you're looking for a makeup artist in STL, I'd definitely check out, MUA, Tara Lowery. She did my makeup and my bridal party...flawless. You won't look old school Fashion Fair, or like you're about to stroll down the catwalk. Tara does a great job with all kinds of looks, but she'll make you look like something out of a magazine for your wedding. 

Truth be told - I didn't want to wash my face that night!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards