Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Bali and Cabo

These seem to be the top two places we were looking at for honeymoons. Has anyone ever been to either of these places? Were there things you liked or didn't like about them? Any resort reccomendations for either of these two places?

Any feedback/comments are appreciated :-)

Anniversary

Re: Bali and Cabo

• Options
    We went to Cabo for our HM because we had a timeshare voucher.  The hotel we stayed at, Cabo Azul, was amazing and absolutely perfect for a HM.  Cabo itself though was fun, but probably my least favorite place we've vacationed as far as activities & atmosphere.  That being said, I didn't mind that much because we spent the majority of time either in our room, or relaxing by the pool.
  • Options
    those two are awfully different. What appealed to you at each place and what type of experience are you looking for? My personal preference would be Bali, though I have never been. I have been to Cabo a few times. I really enjoyed my stay at Zoetry Casa Del Mar.

• Options
    edited July 2013

FI would like to go there personally I'd rather so someplace bigger than just Mexico.  If I never visited Mexico my whole life I'd be ok.

Bali is some place totally different exotic and neither of us have been there.  We wanted something that allows us a few days of relaxing by a beach or pool and a few days to explore/sightsee and do some activities. I would mind an island in the Pacific though, we've ruled out all of the caribbean and most of europe since we both seen a lot there.

Thanks for your help and suggestions.

ETA: I'm also a vegetarian who is lactose intolerant is eating vegan hard in Mexico or in any of the resorts in Cabo?

Anniversary

• Options
    edited July 2013
    Depending on your budget, check out Fiji for a good mix of beach and activity, or the Cook Islands (most of the activity is water based of course.) They are higher end, but not wretchedly expensive. Bali will be expensive to get to, but a little less expensive once you are there. I've been to both Fiji and the Cooks if you need recs.

• Options
    I have friends who went to Fiji for their honeymoon and loved it.  We'd also consider Bora Bora

Anniversary

• Options
    Thanks @jells2dot10 we also have to probably talk budget a bit more to see how much we want to spend.

Anniversary

• Options
    I have friends who went to Fiji for their honeymoon and loved it.  We'd also consider Bora Bora

I've been to almost every tourist class island in French Polynesia, so I can help with recommendations there as well once you decide. You can do FP for cheaper than what you see on here. It's just that most people really want to go to Bora Bora and it's the most expensive island there.

• Options
    Thanks so much @Jells2dot0 now that we have some ideas we need to pin point a budget too.  it should probably work the other way around but oh well.

Anniversary

• Options
    JoanE2012JoanE2012 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited July 2013
    Thanks so much @Jells2dot0 now that we have some ideas we need to pin point a budget too.  it should probably work the other way around but oh well.
    Don't worry.  We decided on French Polynesia and then set up a savings account to specifically save for our honeymoon.  It's easier to cut back and save when you know you're going on an amazing honeymoon.  :)  And even now that the wedding is over, we still contribute a significant amount to that account for future vacations.  
  • Options
    @joane2012 how did you like french polynesia?  Where did you stay?

Anniversary

• Options

@Peaseblossom55 - We stayed at the Hilton in Moorea and Bora Bora.  We loved it.  Moorea was great to get out and see the island.  Bora Bora we spent alot of time just lounging in a float in the lagoon.  It was alot of money, but we have absolutely no regrets. 

Before we honeymooned, I said this was a once in a lifetime trip, partly because there's so much to see in the world and we don't like to repeat places.  Now I'm absolutely certain we'll be back, probably swap out an Moorea for another island, for a trip sometime in the future.

• Options
    Wow both of those places look amazing.  Thank you @JoanE2012

Anniversary

• Options
    JoanE2012 said:

@Peaseblossom55 - We stayed at the Hilton in Moorea and Bora Bora.  We loved it.  Moorea was great to get out and see the island.  Bora Bora we spent alot of time just lounging in a float in the lagoon.  It was alot of money, but we have absolutely no regrets. 

Before we honeymooned, I said this was a once in a lifetime trip, partly because there's so much to see in the world and we don't like to repeat places.  Now I'm absolutely certain we'll be back, probably swap out an Moorea for another island, for a trip sometime in the future.

I stayed at both of those resorts as well. They really were fanstastic!

• Options
    Thank you!

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards