Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Flowers for the ceremony?

We are getting married at The MGM in September, and I'm still not decided on flowers. Our package doesn't come with flowers, and we have to go through them, and pay their ridiculous prices. I'm planning on getting them for the wedding party, including the ring bearers. Is it a must to also get them for the parents? Is there anyone else I'm missing? The ceremony itself will be 15 minutes tops, so it's just really hard for me to justify spending that much money for that little amount of time, on top of what we are already paying for the ceremony itself. I'd like to hear what everyone else is doing.

Re: Flowers for the ceremony?

• Options
    We are doing very simple and inexpensive flowers. No boutonnieres, corsages etc. TBH I don't think anyone cares.

Some of the nicest bridesmaid bouquets I have seen are the simplest. My sister in law's BMs carried side-arm bouquets of a few white calla lilies which looked so elegant and tasteful. I find that just a few of the large calla lilies wrapped in a ribbon looks really beautiful.

My MOH is actually arranging my flowers and worked in a flower shop for years, and she has said that carnations are hugely popular right now because they are super cheap, don't require filler greens, come in tons of colours and have a very "full" look. We decided to go with side-arm bouquets of dendrobium orchids for my BMs and I will be carrying a rose/calla lily bouquet.

Send me a PM if you want to see some inspiration pics of the bouquet styles I am talking about.
  • Options
    I am getting myself a nice bouquet.  I do not have a bridal party so I don't have people to worry about.  No flowers at the ceremony.  However, I am considering a few small arrangements for the wedding dinner.  I will then let my mom, mother in law and sisters take them back to the room with them after dinner so they can enjoy them for the rest of their stay.
  • Options
    I am on the fence about this one as well!  We are definitely getting them for our wedding party, just not too sure about our parents.  I was thinking about maybe doing some arrangements with succulents.  They are so trendy right now and I was thinking they would be one of the more economical options? 
  • Options
    Im still struggling with wether to pew bow or not to pew bow I am doing flowers for the rents because well im a sucker for tradition. Thats just me though
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards