Moms and Maids
Options

Advice on MOB Dress - keep long or hem to knee length?

I am not a big fashion person and need some advice.   I had not planned for a long dress but the only one I found that I liked and was not black or clashing with the bridal party is long - so I bought it.   I'm taking in for alterations this week and am considering whether I should get it hemmed to knee length or keep it long.  I actually really like it long and am afraid having it short might ruin the style of the dress.  I'm also nervous however that with me being long, and the bridesmaid short, and the MOG also short, it will look out of place.   It's an outdoor wedding in August in Minnesota (2pm wedding; 5pm-12pm reception).  Bride is wearing long and simple but elegant.  Dads are black with silver/black ties.  Bridesmaids are dark purple.   Here's a link to the bridesmaids dress  and my dress, and a pic of the brides gown.   Need advice - keep it long or hem to knee length? 

Bridesmaids (in purple):

Mother of Bride - I'm now leaning towards keeping long but please provide opinions!

Re: Advice on MOB Dress - keep long or hem to knee length?

• Options
    Wow, MOB, that's a gorgeous dress. I think shortening that style would take away from the flowey look of it. The MOB, MOG and wedding party don't have to match in length. The only thing that matters is that you found a dress that you love. I'd leave it long.

Your daughter is going to be a beautiful bride. 

• Options
    Definitely leave it long! You don't have to match the length of the BM dresses -- you've already gone above and beyond  by trying not to clash with the BP. You're going to be lovely!!
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • Options
    Thanks - I have decided to keep it long - too nervous to cut it off!

I may hem it short after the wedding as a dress to wear out or to other functions.
  • Options
    I think it's a lovely dress! Glad you're leaving it long. I'm sure you'll look fabulous. 

• Options
    I love it when a MOB wears a beautiful/sexy dress instead of something matronly! You will look lovely!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards