Moms and Maids
Options

When to give Bridesmaid "thank you" gifts?

Hi Ladies!

I've been collecting gifts for my bridesmaids for a few months now, and am just finishing up this week. I'm excited to give them each something special and let them know how important their friendship has been to me not just now but over the many years we've known each other. My question is when is the best time to do this? I've been MOH a few times and honestly I think each time has been different and I can't quite recall exactly how it was done. 

We are having a rehearsal and rehearsal dinner the night before the wedding (the two locations are nearly across the street from one another, with the hotel we are all staying at next door to the restaurant). I'm wondering should I do this at the rehearsal or rehearsal dinner? Another time? This sounds like a silly question I guess, but is it weird to do it in front of a group like that? My FI also has some things for his guys and we'll have something for our parents as well.

Thanks!

Re: When to give Bridesmaid "thank you" gifts?

• Options
    I have always seen it done at the RD. 

• Options
    You host a tea or luncheon for your maids. To thank them and give them their presents. See link below. Your FI also hosts a thank you event like golf or a meal with his attendants, and gives them their presents then. It is wildly inappropriate to give gifts at RD because not everyone attending will be getting a gift, and because the RD is hosted by the parents of the groom and you do not want to stand up and start handing out gifts and hijack their event.  http://wedding.theknot.com/wedding-planning/rehearsal-dinner/articles/bridesmaids-tea-basics.aspx

• Options
    We just had a 15 minute rehearsal the day of the wedding. I gave my BM's their gifts in the bridal suite while we were getting ready.
  • Options
    A lot of times it's done at the rehearsal dinner. I liked getting our gifts the morning of the wedding while getting ready in the last wedding I was in. Didnt feel like I was on the spot as much
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • Options
    KJirasKJiras member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary
    Thanks for the advice ladies! I think I'm going to try to find some private time at the hotel night before or morning of - or do it at the RD. The more I think about it I realize that since we're 3 months out we certainly don't know exactly when everyone is arriving yet (going right to Rehersal, checking into hotel first, etc) so I'll just give it some time and the best time will become apparent. 

While it'd be lovely to have my girls over for a lunch or cocktail party to thank them they are all coming from different locale's ranging an hour to an hour and a 1/2 each. I also know that in the two months leading up to my wedding there is no weekend where all of the happen to be free at once, and frankly...I know they love me but do they really want one more group get together/"bridal" thing to attend even if it's all about them? :) Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards