August 2013 Weddings
Options

Uninvited friend wants to send a gift

drummerbonbondrummerbonbon member
First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
edited July 2013 in August 2013 Weddings
I got a message from an old friend from high school whose mom wants to know where to send gifts/card. He said he hasn't heard anything about the wedding, but he figures I've been really busy with it and he understands.

The only problem I'm having is that he wasn't invited because we haven't really been close in the last three or four years. Obviously I'm going to tell him not to send anything, but how do I tell him he isn't invited without sounding like a complete tool? I figured that by now the people who weren't invited would have figured it out, so I'm hoping he isn't making the assumption that he's coming.

I just haven't encountered this problem yet. Suggestions? 

ETA: I guess I shouldn't say "uninvited." "Not invited in the first place" would probably be a better way to phrase it. 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Uninvited friend wants to send a gift

• Options
    I had a similar issue! I don't have any good advice, in my case I caved and said okay. In my situation my older sister's half sister texted me "When is your wedding? Where's my invite? I've been looking for a dress."

I was shocked and didn't know what to do. I didn't even think to invite her because I'm not close to her. I only see her at things that have to do with our sister. I just texted back that yes she's invited. She asked if she could bring a date and I texted "Our budget is really tight so no date" As far as I know she is not in any serious relationship.

When I talked to my sister about it she agreed that it was rude. She said "I didn't ask if I was invited when her brother got married."
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    for anyone that has said anything to me similar I said "oh, I'm really sorry we're having a small wedding that is limited to close friends and family, we hope you understand and look forward to getting together with you soon."
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards