Connecticut

No idea what to do with my dress :(

I got married on May 3rd and still have to decide what to do with my dress.... Should I keep it or sell it?

Either way, I need to get it cleaned... any advice where I can do that in the Hartford area? I asked Mariella's (that's where I got my dress from), and they charge $290 for cleaning and preservation! I think that's crazy since that's 25% of what  I paid for the dress in the first place.

Any advice?

May 2013 January Siggy Challenge:Cake inspiration image

Re: No idea what to do with my dress :(

• SB1512SB1512 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    I'm in the same boat.  I can't explain why, but I am going to hold onto my dress for a year before I decide what to do with it.  I would like to either sell or donate it, but it's only been almost 2 weeks since I got married and for some reason I don't want to part with it quite yet.  I bought my dress at the Wedding Dress in portland, ct.  I have a $25 gift certificate from them towards cleaning, but I do not know what they charge.
  • Trying to figure out the same thing!  I saw this www.weddinggownpreservationkit.com and it's like $150 for them to clean it and put it in a preservation box.  Has anyone used them?  I am a little nervous to send it off and hope for the best, but the price is tempting!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I will sell my dress.  
    You can also do one of those sessions after the wedding. :)
  • LFKLFK member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    Maybe donate it. Check this site out: http://www.bridesagainstbreastcancer.org/

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards