Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

Fish

FI and I are not huge fish people.  We only eat shellfish.  We are trying to come up with a fish option for our entrees.  Someone mentioned that maybe we should do Sea Bass.  I know Salmon is also popular.  So, I'm curious, what is your favorite type of fish?
 Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Fish

• itzMSitzMS member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    FI and I are not huge fish people.  We only eat shellfish.  We are trying to come up with a fish option for our entrees.  Someone mentioned that maybe we should do Sea Bass.  I know Salmon is also popular.  So, I'm curious, what is your favorite type of fish?

If you don't eat a lot of fish...can you just ask your caterer to create something?

When all else fails, t's best to go with a "chef's special" so-to-speak.

• edited July 2013
    I'm with you; OP. I prefer shellfish.  Could you do something like a shrimp scampi or crab cakes?  
  • We had more people chose salmon than the other entrees offered at our wedding.  Me personally, I HATE salmon.  :D
  • Jen4948Jen4948 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited July 2013
    Shellfish isn't kosher, and many people are allergic, so I'd make sure these aren't issues for any of your guests, or I'd at least have another option, before choosing it.

Sole, salmon, flounder, perch, haddock, mahi mahi, cod, tilapia might be possibilities depending on your budget.

• I originally wanted Swordfish because I love swordfish, but I've come to realize that many people don't like swordfish (boo!).  So we decided on Sea Bass- it's a lightly flavored fish, which most people respond well to.  In fact, that seemed to be everyone's favorite entree- it was delicious. 

May 2013 February Siggy: Invitations

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Salmon was the most popular choice at our wedding as well. Although I prefer shellfish I would stick to a sea bass or salmon.

• Salmon or a pasta with shrimp....

• I had salmon for the first time at my wedding and loved it, so that's my vote!
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • I think sea bass would be a good way to go! I like salmon, but it has often dry and overcooked when I have had it at weddings.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards