North Carolina-Outer Banks

ceremony music/sound on the beach.

I looked back at old posts and I see that people have used violinists, family/friend musicians on the beach. Has anybody used a dj and/or ipod to play?

I love the idea of walking down the 'aisle' to music but i don't know if it necessarily makes sense. I love the sound of the ocean, hence the wedding at the beach, but I feel like I would miss music....

Laura from Sugar Snaps told me that basically the first two rows of people will hear what's being said... has anybody had experience with this? useful to get a mic or is it worthless?

Re: ceremony music/sound on the beach.

• We had Leslie from Club Violin play, I could hear her music as soon as I came down the steps to the beach, so I think she has some kind of amp or mic with her music. We were told to have speakers and a microphone would be pointless, all it would pick up would be the wind and water, and make it even harder to hear. Rev. Jay told us to match the level of sound in his voice, no one told us that they couldn't hear, although not sure if someone would say that? We had a flip cam recording the ceremony and you could hear us speaking.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I didn't have music for my ceremony because it was just too short, but turned out okay because the sound of the ocean, seagulls, and breezes were just as nice. Afterwards we had a picnic-style reception on the beach with a steel drum band playing for all to enjoy!
  • We had an IPod on a Bose system and you could hear it, but not as loud as I wanted. Then again, there were 40+mph winds out of nowhere. So basically, the weather will have a lot to do with it. Looking back, part of me wished I had spent the extra money for a sound system, but the other part of me knows the music wasn't what made it perfect.....he was ;)

• I am thinking about buying this- http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=&sku=604477&is=REG&Q=&A=details

I figure it'll work on the beach and also for toasts at the welcome dinner.  If I buy it, it'll be for sale after September 7th for $100.  Let me know if you're interested.  
  • I'm getting married september 7 too!

• September 7th is a wonderful day to get married, we will celebrate our first anniversary on Sept. 7th this year!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • 3catmom - I know this is OT from the original subject, but you said you had a picnic style reception on the beach...can you give me more details about what you did and the logistics? This sounds like what I had originally wanted to do but wasn't sure I could make it work. Any tips/ideas would be great! Thank you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards