Pre-wedding Parties

Shower Invites

I have already mailed out my invites for the wedding because it's a cruise and I wanted to give my guests plenty of time to make arrangements if they could go. Well some of my friends and family are very prompt and have already sent back their response cards declining. I get it bc we are getting married in port on a Friday having to be there at 10:30 am and it's during the school year so they can't get off work or pull the kids out of school. Whatever not the issue. The issue is can I still invite those, who have declined to come to the wedding, to the bridal shower? I know they said no once already and I don't want to be annoying but it would be on a Saturday and at a more appealing time. I just don't want to seem like I'm being pushy or looking for a gift bc I genuinely hope they could make it to the shower at least to celebrate before if they can't come to the final party. I just don't know what's proper.

Re: Shower Invites

• itzMSitzMS member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    I have already mailed out my invites for the wedding because it's a cruise and I wanted to give my guests plenty of time to make arrangements if they could go. Well some of my friends and family are very prompt and have already sent back their response cards declining. I get it bc we are getting married in port on a Friday having to be there at 10:30 am and it's during the school year so they can't get off work or pull the kids out of school. Whatever not the issue. The issue is can I still invite those, who have declined to come to the wedding, to the bridal shower? I know they said no once already and I don't want to be annoying but it would be on a Saturday and at a more appealing time. I just don't want to seem like I'm being pushy or looking for a gift bc I genuinely hope they could make it to the shower at least to celebrate before if they can't come to the final party. I just don't know what's proper.

You don't invite anyone to the bridal shower. Your hostess does. You can give her a list of the guests you'd like to receive invitations, and she will take care of the inviting. Only those who received inviations to the wedding should be invited to the bridal shower.
  • Yes, the people who declined can still be invited to the shower. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Yes, they can be invited to a shower, as long as they were invited to the wedding. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards