Snarky Brides

Unpopular Opinions - July Edition

13»

Re: Unpopular Opinions - July Edition

• I think Zumba is cultish and I dislike it.
  • edited July 2013
    ditta @zobird on the milk chocolate... try as I might, I can't put dark above it

Other unpopular opinons:

- I like taylor swift (not the new taylor, but the old taylor)
    - I hate going to concerts and crowded bars
    - When choosing my wedding dress, I chose comfort over looks (i also love the way it looks so win win). If I'm going to be wearing something all day, I better be damn comfortable and able to dance and eat. I will never understand why people buy dresses that are tight, heavy, itchy, hot, hard to move/sit/dance in just so it's a certain style.
    *********************************************************************************

• -Cats on leashes
    -Pregnant women posting pictures on FB in bra and panties

This.
    I get that they're trying to post pictures of the "baby bump", but that's a little too much. Actually, I have issues with people posting weekly pictures of the baby bump as is.
    I might just not do that whenever I get pregnant, I have my bosses and former bosses on my friends list and I don't want them to see more of me than they have to lol
    Married as of June 22, 2013!!!

• AddieL73 said:
    I used to like SYTTD, but after I got married, I lost interest in it. And that's odd b/c I do still love to look at wedding dresses and all things wedding. I think I just got tired of it after watching for so many years. 

I think I watched hundreds of episodes of SYTTD within a couple months during my engagement year. I'm taking a break from it now lol

• -Cats on leashes
    -Pregnant women posting pictures on FB in bra and panties

To the bolded - I'm pregnant and I HATE that! With my 1st baby, I posted a pic the day I found out I was pregnant, and then a pic the day before I went in to be induced. And I only did that because a few friends asked to see the difference. And it was with a regular shirt and shorts!

Seeing pregnant women do that is no different than seeing any regular woman do it. IT'S JUST NOT APPROPRIATE, especially on FB!
    Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!
  • I hate seeing sonograms posted online-especially as someone's Facebook profile photo.
  • I don't like chili, mustard, biscuits and gravy, or sloppy joes.

My family likes to joke and say I'm "un-American."
  • I don't like hockey.
    I like to joke that it makes me very un-Canadian :P

• Jen4948 said:
    I hate seeing sonograms posted online-especially as someone's Facebook profile photo.
    ME TOO.  Ick.

Bananas make me want to puke.
  • I always get called un-american because I don't really get into football.
    I'm a hockey and UFC girl. That's about it for the sports department.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Angusaur said:
    I always get called un-american because I don't really get into football.
    I'm a hockey and UFC girl. That's about it for the sports department.
    I can't get into football if it's on TV. If I actually GO to a game, I can yell and shout like the rest of the guys!
    I prefer baseball over any other sport though.
  • I like the Baltimore Orioles but don't really follow them or baseball religiously. If I remember the game is on I'll watch it, but no big deal if I miss it.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Harry87 said:
    Jen4948 said:
    I hate seeing sonograms posted online-especially as someone's Facebook profile photo.
    Agreed, especially those 3d ones. That orange shade is terrible, and they're always screaming.

Frankly, since we're on it, newborns are ugly and all look the same.
    They pretty much all look like the mandrakes from Harry Potter.
    Yep.  Not cute AT ALL when they first pop out.

Also, I love Taylor Swift.  Like, listen to the CDs in the car and buy concert tickets.  And it's only a little bit because of her adorable cat, I genuinely like most of her songs (esp the ones that don't get airplay b/c they aren't catchy).

And as unamerican as it might be, I dislike baseball.  I will go to games and have fun with the social experience of live sports (esp when my local minor league team has $1 beer night), but I don't want to stay the whole game, and there's NO WAY I'm watching it on TV.

I can't stand canned fish.  I was raised spoiled with fresh fish and now canned tuna/salmon/etc just taste like hogwash to me, to the point where I've made a dish with it my roommate thought was the best thing since sliced bread and I couldn't take a second bite.  I wish I liked it and try every few years since your taste buds supposedly change, but I just really, really don't.
  • Harry87 said:
    Jen4948 said:
    Agreed, especially those 3d ones. That orange shade is terrible, and they're always screaming.

Frankly, since we're on it, newborns are ugly and all look the same.
    They pretty much all look like the mandrakes from Harry Potter.
    That is an excellent comparison and I had to wipe off my computer screen. I need to read the comments before taking a drink. Thank you for the laugh. 
    Meatloaf makes me cringe, I hate everything about it. I'm grateful this isn't my FH favorite meal because this is something I refuse to ever make. Just the thought makes me cringe ... yuck...
  • Dma361Dma361 member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    jss0302 said:

I abso-freaking-lutely love Britney Spears. I don't even claim her as a guilty pleasure. I love Brit-Brit and I am not ashamed!

This.
  • Cheetah2BCheetah2B member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited July 2013
    I have a long list.

But shortest hates are
    Sports beyond high school
    The Band Perry & Taylor Swift(they each have JUST one song I like and I pretend its someone else lol)
    That stupid song Pontoon. Or chatahoochie.
    Adults who literally act like teenagers. I've seen grown women stomp their feet and hold their breath.
    Dora the dumb ass explorer
    Twilight movies 2-5(they made 2 of the second lol)
    Prius
    Fiat commercials. Seriously, the one where they say the British are coming, no the Italians? I wanna see a driver before I strip my clothes off.
    Men who drive convertibles.
    Short b!tches who drive trucks, and can't see over the hood. Every friend I've had who's had a collision with a REAL truck, it always been a chick under 5'6" driving. No exaggeration.
    People who LIVE through online gaming. Fh plays and that's cool. But I've met people who take Magik and have made it their LIIIIVES. Same with WoW.
    Supernatural(funny bc my grandmother loves this as well as charmed. Who knew lol?)
    Trisha Yearwood & Garth Brooks(the Garth thing just breaks Fhs heart lol)
    The "new" beyonce. When she started dating Jay Z, I quit listening to him too.
    Vitamin string quartet.
    Wine

Loves
    Too many lol
    Old rock(lynnyrd skynnrd, ozzy, iron maiden etc).
    Raising Hope-tv show
    OLD arrested development
    Gilmore girls. I still watch reruns lol
    walking tall, and gran torino(movies)
    Ford(yep, redneck lol)
    Reba(music and tv show and her actress in Tremors lol).

Eta-sorry, didn't realize y'all meant widely unpopular versus ordinary. Mine just make me weird to my friends lol.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards