Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

What is the etiquette on inviting coworkers/bosses?

I started my job about a year ago & we are planning on getting married in Sept 2014 so by then I would have been here at my job for 2 years. I have gotten close with a handful of my coworkers.Also, one of my coworkers is a baker and does a ton of dessert catering so she is making my cupcakes/cake for the wedding. I'm assuming it would be rude not to invite her to the wedding since she is doing this for me? I am an administrative assistant to the entire department and direct report to 4 different managers and a director. I was just wondering what is the etiquette on inviting coworkers and are you supposed to invite your boss/bosses? 

Re: What is the etiquette on inviting coworkers/bosses?

• Options
    AddieCakeAddieCake member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited July 2013
    You do not need to invite your boss(es). As for coworkers, if you are friendly with some of them and do things with them socially, it's perfectly fine to invite some and not others. If you work in a very small, office however, it is usually best to use an all or none approach to avoid hurt feelings or awkwardness. Whatever you do, if you're not inviting everyone, limit wedding talk at work.

What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    Addie is wise - like a wedding Yoda.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards