Not Engaged Yet

It's like a kid waiting for christmas!!!

Tiny intro, I have been with my BF for 4.5 years, we have lived together for about 3.5. We are 27 and 29 and we have a beautiful 4 month old miracle daughter.  She is our miracle because after a battle with cancer I was told there was too much scar tissue in my uterus for implantation, so if I wanted to have a child of my own I would need a serogate.  Then suprise almost a year later I was expecting.  We have discussed marriage for about two years, like finances dreams and goals, he secretly dreamed of his wedding day like a girl (his words not mine) and he dreams of a destination wedding.

My BF and I were out taking picture with our 4 month old daughter and when were were done she was passed out in the stroller and so he suggested we go into some stores so I could show him what kind of ring I liked.  I picked out a favorite at each store, they wrote it down and gave him cards at each store so he knew which was which.  He asked me to pick out a first second and third choice.  We went back to my first choice so he could ask some more questions and have them give a price break down, and then we left. 

Re: It's like a kid waiting for christmas!!!

• Congrats - both on the ring shopping and especially on the miracle girl :) What a wonderful place to be in in life.

Tell us more about yourself! What careers/hobbies do you and your BF have (or miss having while taking care of the baby, lol)? Are you guys doing anything fun this summer?
  • Congrats on the miracle baby, for winning your battle against cancer, and for going ring shopping! After seeing a ring, the waiting process can be super hard but at least the end result winds up in a happy marriage! 

Keep us updated :)

• a13049a13049 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    Thanks! My bf and I are both elementary PE teachers. So we both took maternity/paternity leave when our dd was born and that led us into summer break so we have really been enjoying life right now. We love a lot of outdoor activities
  • Congrats on your daughter! Ring shopping must be so exciting. 

Tell us more about you!

Anniversary

• Reading about your miracle baby may or may not have made me tear up a little bit.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Congratulations on your daughter! What's your favorite vacation destination? Favorite dessert?
  • a13049a13049 member
    edited July 2013
    My favorite vacation is Vegas and I'm kind of a weirdo because I'm not really big on desserts. I do snack on some chocolate teddy Graham's some times . Otherwise I love fresh fruit
  • Have you guys talked about where/how you would get married? Any visions for your wedding?

Anniversary

• Welcome! Congrats on your beautiful miracle baby; you have certainly been through a lot! I can relate to the dessert thing, not my thing. Do you like spicy foods?
  • a13049a13049 member
    No spicy foods, I'm a baby when it comes to spicy foods. We have gone to two destination weddings ones was at an all inclusive resort in the Caribbean and the other in vegas, his sister was married in vegas and it was gorgeous and we just enjoyed the trip so much. But we would probably save the planning till after we are engaged. The great thing is destinations can be as little or as much planning as you want.
  • a13049a13049 member
    Bf just took a huge pile of cash (read thousands of dollars) to the bank almost three hours ago. We have some properties who pay cash, he isn't a drug dealer lol. I can't help but wonder if he stopped by the jewelry store. I'm going to have to cool it a little because, even if he did, the ring will take at least two weeks. he probably won't pop the question the minute he gets the ring. Plus, he could be waiting for any number of special events or date nights coming up.
  • a13049 said:
    Bf just took a huge pile of cash (read thousands of dollars) to the bank almost three hours ago. We have some properties who pay cash, he isn't a drug dealer lol. I can't help but wonder if he stopped by the jewelry store. I'm going to have to cool it a little because, even if he did, the ring will take at least two weeks. he probably won't pop the question the minute he gets the ring. Plus, he could be waiting for any number of special events or date nights coming up.

He could've bought a pony....

Do you like wine? Favorite dessert?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • a13049a13049 member
    He proposed!!! Saturday night he had doctored a cute as can be pictured of him and our daughter. It said will you marry me, and the quote bubble from our daughter reading please, please, please mommy. When I looked up he was down on his knee with our daughter in one hand and the ring in the other. It was perfect! Now we get to start planning our dream Las Vegas wedding
  • Omigosh, congratulations! :D That is incredibly sweet and heartfelt. Have a great time planning!
  • Congratulations!
  • Congrats :) Ring pics please?

• a13049a13049 member
    This was the best one I could get.
  • Wow! It's very pretty!

• Congrats! Pretty ring.

Anniversary

• Congratulations! What a beautiful ring!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards