• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
Massachusetts-Cape Cod

Vendor Review - Westport MA Wedding

Vendor (Acoaxet Club) – This is a private club down in Westport MA.  We were lucky enough to know a member to sponsor us.  They typically don’t do summer weddings (from mid-June to after labor day).  We had the last wedding of the season.  The venue itself is beautiful.  The views are spectacular of Westport Harbor.  Friends said they felt like they were at the “Kennedy Compound”.  It has a very New England and classy but not in a stuffy way.  The coordinator was not the easiest to work with.  I had a hard time getting in touch with her but she was more available as the date approached.   I had a day of wedding coordinator who did most of the work and I never really saw the venue coordinator during the wedding (or rehearsal).  I’m very lucky to have had the DOC or else I don’t think things would have run as smooth as they did.  The food at the venue was very good.  They do not offer tastings so we just hoped it was edible!  We had surf and turf (filet and baked stuff shrimp) and it was very good.  The venue was very flexible and accommodating to certain requests which was a plus.  Overall, I couldn’t have been happier about the venue itself.  It was exactly what I wanted.  I liked that it’s not a wedding factory and they tend to be selective about the weddings they host.  I was lucky enough to have it at the Acoaxet Club!

Makeup (Caitlin Murphy) -  I found Caitlin a few years back when my sister was getting married.  Our hair and makeup for her wedding came out spectacular.  Fast forward to 2013, it was now my turn to get married.  Without hesitation, I contacted Caitlin immediately!  She got back to me right away that she was available for our date!  YAY!  I can’t say enough great things about Cailtin.  She is super sweet, so easy to work with and listens to exactly what you want!  She is so good at what she does.  I couldn’t imagine anyone else doing my makeup and hair for the big day!   I love that she does Airbrush makeup….it’s a god-send for special occasions!   And Caitlin sure knows how to do it right.  She makes you look absolutely gorgeous and still does it in a natural way.   She knows her craft! I would absolutely recommend Caitlin to anyone looking for wedding or special occasion hair & makeup! 

Photographer (Ze Liang) – Sam is very great to work with.  He is very responsive and super sweet.  When we booked him a year ago, we decided to do an engagement session with him to get to know one another.  Our engagement pictures came out great.  Sam was also a pleasure to work with through the planning process.  He stayed in touch and made sure we were on top of everything.  He was prompt the day of our wedding and had an assistant, Brad, with him.  When we finally got our gallery of pictures, we were thrilled with how beautiful they came out.  The images really captured the emotion of the day from the ceremony to the dancing at the reception.  I also love all of the shots of the little details as we had put a lot of hard work into them which Sam knew.  I would recommend Sam to anyone who is looking for beautiful pictures with a natural feel!!!!     

Band (Now and the Forevers) – Music was a big priority to my husband and I.  I cannot say enough good things about them!!!  People are still talking about them and saying how amazing they were.  Our dance floor was packed the entire night!!!  They played music from classic oldies to old school rap and everything in between. I love that they are not your typical wedding band…they are hip and fun and orginal….AMAZING!  We let them know our style and what we were looking for and they exceeded our expectations!!!  We did have the dreaded “do not playlist” and they did not play anything from the list.  Eric-Jon was very great to work with leading up to the wedding.  Everyone in the band was so great…. I cannot express enough just how much they added to our wedding day.  By far the best part of the reception!!!!  BE Entertainment was also very good to work with.  Setting up times to meet the band and see them in the studio.  They were very responsible to emails as well leading up to the day of.  I would recommend N&TF in a heartbeat….BEST WEDDING BAND I HAVE EVER SEEN (and I’ve seen my fair share).

Flowers (Bette’s Finishing Touch) – Ashley was a pleasure to work with.  We had our first meeting and discussed my vision and she added in her expertise and recommendations.  Her pricing is very reasonable and the final product was absolutely beautiful.  She knows what’s in season and what she can get at the time of the wedding.  I liked how she was honest with me if there was a flower or color I wanted but she wasn’t sure if it was going to be available.   When she arrived the day of the wedding, I was blown away at how beautiful the flowers were.  My bouquet was a bit larger than I expected but it was still gorgeous.  And the bridal party bouquets were also so beautiful….if you are looking for a florist that is professional but yet friendly and sweet, I would call Ashley right away!

Cake (Cakes by Jenn) – I found Jenn through word of mouth and she was great to work with.  We ended up going with cupcakes and a small 6 inch cake vs a tiered cake.  She was very accomadating to our requests.  She also set up times for us to come by and taste different flavors she had available at the time.  I’m not a big dessert person but I thought her cupcakes were very tasty and moist.  She did a wonderful job at decorating as well.  It was exactly what we wanted.  Her prices were great too! 

Day of Wedding Coordinator (Wedded Ever After) – Jennifer was such a delight to work with.  She made sure to understand what our vision was for our wedding and have a good understanding of the details of the day.  I cannot express how lucky we were to have her the day of.  She ensured everything ran smoothly.  We were her number one priority and any little mishap that may have happened, went unnoticed to us (which is what you want in a DOC!).  The coordinator at our venue seemed to be MIA most of the day so we were blessed to have Jenn there running the show.  I cannot say enough how great she was to work with and how she ensure our day was absolutely perfect!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards