Moms and Maids

Bridesmaids are all upset because MOH has not been getting them involved as much as they would like

edited July 2013 in Moms and Maids
My bridesmaids are all upset because the MOH has not been getting them involved or replying back in a timely fashion. MOH has also been over involving me in the Bachelorette party planning. MOH told my mom and sister she would arrive early to help with bridal shower, but arrived late instead. Maids are starting to not like the MOH, and so are a few family members because of all this.

Bridesmaids are all upset because MOH has not been getting them involved as much as they would like 29 votes

Get involved
6% 2 votes
Stay out of it
93% 27 votes

Re: Bridesmaids are all upset because MOH has not been getting them involved as much as they would like

• 100% stay out of it.  They are all adults and should speak up if they want to be more involved.  If your MOH comes to you again about the bach party tell her that you would rather not be involved in the planning but to refer to your other friends and BMs for help and opinions.  Repeat if necessary.

• Ditto Maggie. I never understand all this wedding party drama. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • I don't think I understand the problem except that she arrived later when she said she'd be early. Oh well. Stuff happens. Without knowing any more than what's posted, your other BMs sound petty.
    *********************************************************************************

• I don't think the other maids sound petty at all. I think they just want to be more involved in the planning since they are my sisters. They have tried to contact the MOH, but she doesn't reply back to them in a timely fashion. As a matter of fact, one person waited 42 days to hear back, got no response and emailed again and still nothing. That doesn't sound petty to me at all.
  • Ditto Maggie - stay out of it. 

The next time she asks you for help with planning the bp, tell her to ask your sisters. When you accepted MOH offer of organizing a bp, you put her in the drivers seat. You could have told her that your sisters wanted to plan the bp and would love her help.

If your sisters were asking for help with this situation, I'd tell them to make a decision on where and when  they want to meet for planning the bp. One of them should call (not text) the MOH and let her know. They shouldn't put you in the middle.

• cassy7769 said:
    I don't think the other maids sound petty at all. I think they just want to be more involved in the planning since they are my sisters. They have tried to contact the MOH, but she doesn't reply back to them in a timely fashion. As a matter of fact, one person waited 42 days to hear back, got no response and emailed again and still nothing. That doesn't sound petty to me at all.
    If your sisters want to plan something for you (like a shower or something), then they can plan it on their own. They don't need to involve MOH at all if they don't want to. I wouldn't get involved. There's no need. Your sisters can help with other stuff. Whatever they're trying to get out of your MOH, they're obviously not going to get it so they should move on.
    *********************************************************************************

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards