Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

RSVP timeline for destination wedding

I'm curious how you handled std and invitations for your destination wedding. Did you follow standard timelines. I'm wondering if we will need RSVP earlier or if we should just skip std all together a discuss our plans to have a destination wedding with our guest individually. How early did you ask guest to let you know if hey were coming?

Re: RSVP timeline for destination wedding

• Options
    wrigleyvillewrigleyville member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited July 2013
    I sent STDs a year in advance to give everyone time to ask for time off and reserve cheap flights.

The RSVPs have the normal amount of time. We didn't want to make it 2-3 months because sometimes plans change last-minute and people find out they can or can't go. It's still best to keep that around 2-3 weeks before final numbers are due (which gives you a week or so to contact people who haven't RSVP'd by the deadline).
  • Options
    We sent out StD's at the year mark also. Then our invites at 3 months with an RSVP of 4 weeks before the final numbers are due.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com
  • Options
    I got engaged in April and am getting married in November.  That said, I skipped STDs and just sent out the invitations super early.  I didn't put an RSVP date because my restaurant selection doesn't require #s until 72 hours before.  I figure since people will be buying flights, they will know if they are coming in advance.
  • Options
    When we got engaged in July 2012 we let everybody know it was going to be a destination wedding.  We had our date booked a year in advance let everybody know through work of mouth the date and Vegas location.  I skipped doing STD's and sent out our wedding invitations mid-February and have asked for everybody to RSVP by August 12, 2013 which is two months prior to our wedding.  I think it's different for everybody and it depends on your family.  Knowing my family, I wanted them to have as much information in advance and most of of my family will know by August if they can make it or not.
  • Options
    We aren't doing save the dates.  Once we had our date booked we started telling family and close friends.  We'll send out invites at the beginning of January with RSVPs due 8 weeks prior.  That way we will know how many are coming and can start determining the details of the reception.  Our final numbers aren't due until about a week out so if we need to adjust we can.  
    We had our dream wedding at Mirage on May 3, 2014! 
  • Options
    KikiMiraKikiMira member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited July 2013
    We did a digital save the date, so everyone knew about it and we set up all the discounted bookings early so people can now book hotel and flights. We do need our RSVP's back 4 weeks in advance which I am fine with. People should know by then if they will be attending since Vegas does not typically get any cheaper for us canadians as we get closer to the said date. Also to be in the group booking block, they need to book there a minimum 30 days to the wedding.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    SD210SD210 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment

We got engaged in June 2012 and immediately told all of our close friends that it would be a destination wedding in Vegas.   We sent our Save the Dates out in late November 2012.  Wedding is scheduled for August 17, 2013, so that gave everyone 9 months notice to save up and plan for vacation time if they wanted to come.  

We sent invites out in early June 2013. Our "reply date" on the RSVPs is July 20th (and we have about 40 people who haven't RSVP'd, even though the cut off date is this week!)  (I'm sure they'll be rolling in all week long... yeah right!) 

For the most part, we have a good sense as to who is coming and who is not, but we do need the RSVP back because it has the dinner entree selection on it.  But I think I need to get final "head count" to the Bellagio the week of my wedding, which gives us some time to track people down. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards