Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Honeymoon advice needed!

We're getting married in March and still deciding where to go on our honeymoon. Trying to incorporate sightseeing and relaxation and would ideally love to do Europe. I'm thinking Italy, Greece or Spain but I know it will be too cold to swim there in March. I'm open to other suggestions (no Caribbean) but wondering if anyone can recommend places that are good to explore and also where we'll be able to swim and relax in March. Where did you go on your honeymoon? Thanks in advance :)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Honeymoon advice needed!

• Options
    Have you considered Central America (i.e. Belize/Costa Rica/Panama) or South America (i.e. Argentina/Brazil/Chile)?

I've visited Spain during the last week of March/first week of April and had beautiful weather (typically mid-70's).
  • Options
    We're going to Hawaii.
  • Options
    Have you considered Central America (i.e. Belize/Costa Rica/Panama) or South America (i.e. Argentina/Brazil/Chile)?

I've visited Spain during the last week of March/first week of April and had beautiful weather (typically mid-70's).
    Have briefly considered South America but it's not the favorite option so far. 70's in Spain in March sounds good though!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    CMGr said:
    Australia?  One of our favorite cruises was a New Zealand/Australia cruise with Princess.  The beaches were quite crowded in January.
    Would love to do Australia/New Zealand. A cruise sounds lovely also, will look into that! =)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We're going to Hawaii.
    Sounds wonderful! We thought about Hawaii but fiance isn't set on it =/
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I absolutely loved Belize, though the beaches are only really nice in Placencia. But the other areas of the country have so many amazing sites to see, it makes up for the lack of beaches IMO. 

I've also been to Southern Spain in March and the weather was PERFECT-sunny and about 75 degrees, but you couldn't swim. 

• Options
    Tulips29 said:
    CMGr said:
    Australia?  One of our favorite cruises was a New Zealand/Australia cruise with Princess.  The beaches were quite crowded in January.
    Would love to do Australia/New Zealand. A cruise sounds lovely also, will look into that! =)
    We HMed in Australia as well. It was fantastic. We're planning on going to NZ next year and spending some time in Australia during that trip.

• Options
    Tulips29 said:
    CMGr said:
    We HMed in Australia as well. It was fantastic. We're planning on going to NZ next year and spending some time in Australia during that trip.
    How's the weather there mid-March? Warm enough to swim I hope? =)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    It will definitely be warm enough, at least in the areas we stayed. We stayed along the reef in Queensland. We started at the southern tip of the reef and ended up at the northern end. At the southern tip, it will be around the mid 80s during the day with the water being in the mid 70s. The further north you go, the warmer it gets. I'm not sure of your budget, but we were there for 2.5 weeks and stayed at some fantastic places.

• Options
    If you want decent weather, all inclusive and still getting the European experience and charm I'd highly recommend the Canary Islands. It's pretty warm in March and there's so much to do. It's absolutely GORGEOUS and parts of the island still have the old European charm. We stayed in Tenerife when we went but Grand Canaria is really nice too.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Tulips29 said:
    We're getting married in March and still deciding where to go on our honeymoon. Trying to incorporate sightseeing and relaxation and would ideally love to do Europe. I'm thinking Italy, Greece or Spain but I know it will be too cold to swim there in March. I'm open to other suggestions (no Caribbean) but wondering if anyone can recommend places that are good to explore and also where we'll be able to swim and relax in March. Where did you go on your honeymoon? Thanks in advance :)
    OP - What is your budget?  We went to Moorea and Bora Bora and loved it.
  • Options
    JoanE2012 said:
    Tulips29 said:
    Trying to stay around 5K.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Tulips29 said:
    JoanE2012 said:
    Tulips29 said:

I've been to Tahiti, Moorea, and Bora Bora several times in the March/April timeframe. You could possibly make it work on $5K if and only if you go for 4-5 nights, stay on Moorea only, and stay in a more standard room. The airfare along to Tahiti is around $1100pp (if you do a short stay, you can grab it for around $1K/pp). Australia will also be a bit more difficult with the air. The air will be around $1200pp, if not more, as well. NZ is a bit more doable since the exchange rate is somewhat favorable, but it is a nicer time of year there, so prices will be a little higher. Europe is probably your best bet- low season prices and lots of options.

• Options
    Tulips29 said:
    JoanE2012 said:
    Tulips29 said:

I've been to Tahiti, Moorea, and Bora Bora several times in the March/April timeframe. You could possibly make it work on $5K if and only if you go for 4-5 nights, stay on Moorea only, and stay in a more standard room. The airfare along to Tahiti is around $1100pp (if you do a short stay, you can grab it for around $1K/pp). Australia will also be a bit more difficult with the air. The air will be around $1200pp, if not more, as well. NZ is a bit more doable since the exchange rate is somewhat favorable, but it is a nicer time of year there, so prices will be a little higher. Europe is probably your best bet- low season prices and lots of options.

Thanks! Now if only it'd be warm enough somewhere in Europe at that time to relax by the water =)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'd recommend Spain for that, as a pp metioned. I did also see a recommendation for Central American above. You can definitely do that within budget. You can get a mix of rainforest and beach :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards