February 2014 Weddings

cake tasting!

we're going cake tasting in a couple of weeks. would it be wrong to admit that i'm more excited about this than most other wedding planning activities? have you guys picked cake yet? what flavors? what questions should we have for the baker?

Re: cake tasting!

• I haven't even decided if we're doing cake yet.  It's the one food item our venue won't be providing.  I'd really like to ask them if they'd be willing to to a dessert buffet.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • our venue doesn't do a wedding cake, but does provide a dessert course (plated or passed) and would do a dessert buffet if we chose. we plan to go for the passed desserts and wedding cake. whatever you choose, it'll be delicious!
  • cruffino said:
    we're going cake tasting in a couple of weeks. would it be wrong to admit that i'm more excited about this than most other wedding planning activities? have you guys picked cake yet? what flavors? what questions should we have for the baker?

I will give a bit of a back story here.  Our original wedding date was 5/26/2012.  We had already planned our wedding, down to our cake, caterers, officiant, venue, flowers, the whole shebang.  Due to medical issues that wedding never happened. 

With that being said the cake tasting and flowers were tied on my favorites.  We had picked out tiered cupcakes with a variety of flavors.

For this wedding.  I took a back set and am letting a wedding planner in Barbados put all the details together.  I am even letting her pick out the cake, she has suggested a traditional rum cake of course.  I told her what colors I want for flowers and decor, but other than that I want to show up, say I do, I love you and jump in the ocean.  :)

• We just picked out our flavors last night.  Black forest and the other is mocha cake with Bailey's mousse.  Make sure you ask about delivery fees and returning any cake stands.  If you have a heavy cake topper does it need support in the cake structure.  Go and have fun and eat yummy cake! : )
  • Mmmm, Bailey's mousse . . . I will not have a cake tasting.  I'm ordering mine through an ice cream cake store, and I've already sampled most of their flavours.  Cake isn't a big priority, but I can see why cake tasting would be the best part of planning.  I think my brother's favourite part in planning his wedding was the caterer tasting.  Sadly, I will not have that either, but my FI was at a wedding that had the same caterer and very similar food to what we are getting, and he said it was delicious. 

• Mmmmmm ice cream cake! Sounds yummy.
    I don't think we're having cake at our wedding unless we have some at the restaurant afterward. The place we're having our big party is where I was MOH last September. I went to a food/cake tasting there with the bride. The cake was okay but I'm not that fond of wedding cake. But they're dessert bar is yummy from what I remember. My parents said it was too but I was so busy dancing I barely had any.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards