October 2013 Weddings

Hairstyles

Is anyone else having a hard time deciding what to do with their hair?  I know I want it half back with big curls.  All the pictures I look at show either no bangs or side swept bangs.  I have too big of a forehead to do no bangs and they aren't long enough to do a side sweep (let me also mention I hate side sweeps on me.  I just feel like they flatten out my forehead!)

Please tell me I am not the only one struggling with this!!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 84 Invited
image 68 Yes
image 16 No
image 0 Unknown

Re: Hairstyles

• you are NOT the only one!! i am super picky because i am a hair stylist! i also have a large forehead where i can't not have bangs! i am thinking side swept and i am planning on doing 1/2 up 1/2 down. also i think i am putting some clip in extensions in because my hair is thin! i'm sure you could figure out a way to wear your bangs with the stylist doing your hair! they are the pros!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @rustytammy - a quick search on pinterest produced these.  I personally LOVE the third one but any of these could have a variation of up/down/half up or side pony.  

http://pinterest.com/pin/55591376620159079/

S'mores. Just S'mores please.
  • @09McSteph03 ~ I totally forgot about pinterest!!!  I personally love the first one and have saved it!  Thank you for helping point me in the some kind of direction!

@joellennitsche ~ I'm glad I'm not alone.  As for the pro, that is a whole other post entirely!!!  *sigh*
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 84 Invited
    image 68 Yes
    image 16 No
    image 0 Unknown
  • Ahhhh me toooooo I know what I want about halfway butttttt idk if it's possible with my hair I need to start trials :(
    image 165 Asked to join at our big day.
    image 7 Are coming; cameras in hand ready to party!
    image 5 Are missing out on the fun.
    image 153 Haven't found the mail box back to us.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Totally in this boat.  I have very thick hair, and I get hot if I leave it down, but I'm thinking 1/2 up will look best.  I'm a curly girl, so I need to fight frizz!
  • ihaving a hard time too especially with pinterest I see so mny things i like but who knws if it will actually look good on me..

@maryann i have the same frizz problem too

• edited July 2013
    To all the other curly girls out there: Monte Durham (from SYTTD:ATL) told me (in a chance encounter in the ATL airport 2 years ago) to wear my hair up, otherwise my hair will probably frizz out. Obviously, go with what you feel comfortable with. Personally, aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllll this curl is going up. All of it. No side-swept bangs (heck, no bangs at all) for me. Never had 'em, never will. I'd rather not have a poodle on my forehead, haha! 

I'm planning on making an appointment with the stylist and bringing my veil with me. I'll tell her: absolutely positively do not straighten my hair. Do not straighten and then re-curl it, I want my curls, not "artificial" ones for my wedding day. Beyond that, and "put it all up and no, I do not want tendrils in my face/around my neck, no matter how pretty you think they look", I'm not too picky. ;)
  • I'm sorta struggling in that I know, like you, I would like parts off my face but the rest of it down and curled. How this will happen exactly I just don't know. My hair trial is next week, so I will have a better idea then. I have also been saving images on pinterest, but even those I don't love 100%. I don't like my ears, so I definitely want them covered (they stick out a bit in my opinion, although small in size) and that makes things a tad more confusing. We shall see how it goes!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

image 293 (Adults) Invited
    image198 Yes (+ 12 children and 3 babies)
    image95 No
    image0 Unknown

• I'm just letting my hairdresser do whatever because she knows what works with my hair. I won't know what she's doing until she finishes my hair on wedding day -- we're not doing a trial.

• I have my hair trial on Friday and I'm not planning on taking any photos with me.  Granted I suppose I could pinterest some stuff.  I know I want my hair up, and not the messy look, since that would just drive me nuts.  It's so pretty on girls, but it would be a mess to me.
  • rkborkbo member
    First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary
    I found this hair style on here that I just loved. Its pulled back just enough to stay out of my face, yet long and lots of curls. I will probably do even more curls than in the picture. I also love the braid.

• @rhawndas ~ I have that one saved as well.  What I hate about most of the pictures is you don't see it from the front.  So how can I tell if it has bangs or not?  LOL

I would love to use my hairdresser but as we are getting married out of town that just isn't going to work.  I have, maybe had, someone who is going to do my hair and makeup.  Problem is she was dating the best man and now they are not together.  It's not a good breakup so I'm left wondering what I'm going to do (I know!  A totally different post!  LOL).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 84 Invited
    image 68 Yes
    image 16 No
    image 0 Unknown
  • Well good news on the hair style front!  The woman I planned on using said she is still going to come up and "make me beautiful" even if she doesn't attend the ceremony or reception!  I love that girl!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 84 Invited
    image 68 Yes
    image 16 No
    image 0 Unknown
  • @rustytammy - Lucky duck! My regular stylist in PA (yes - I plan my hair styling visits for when I'm visiting my parents) works for a salon that doesn't allow them to travel. I was bummed.  However, her prices went up so I believe I will be breaking up with her after I get my highlights done for the wedding.  Not a clean break...but a fadeaway :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @schellzinator ~ That sucks!!!  I just went back to my old hairdresser, the friend doing my hair isn't actually a hairdresser but an esthetician but does her own hair and looks amazing always!  I totally hate my hair currently.  My hair is in that war stage between two stylist.  One had one vision and the other is trying to correct that vision.  LOL  My old hairdresser has done my hair, minus the 10 months I went somewhere else, since I was in high school.  I should never have left but the lure of free hair for the wedding was too tempting.  Then we decided to marry out of town and the "new" woman obviously wasn't going to travel.  So went back to my old lady and am just waiting for the next haircut!  LOL
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 84 Invited
    image 68 Yes
    image 16 No
    image 0 Unknown
  • It sounds like you guys have really been thinking about hair. I just started. I watched about 20,000 hair extension tutorials on youtube last night and I'm considering them. Have any of you tried them?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • hardlyhannahhardlyhannah member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited July 2013
    I got hair extensions, but my stylist is putting them in for me.

ETA: Clip on extensions just for the day of to make my hair fuller - like rustytammy
    image 209 Invited
    image 151 Yes
    image 46 No

Daisypath Wedding tickers 

• @kstan ~ My friend is going to do clip on extensions to give my hair more body.  Lucky for me our hair color is about the same now, I'm normally a blonde but went dark for the wedding, so she can use them!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 84 Invited
    image 68 Yes
    image 16 No
    image 0 Unknown
  • coming from a hair stylist- i LOVE that cut.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @versdirtyhippy I LOVE that hair! If I could pull off short I'd do it! Thanks for the advice about extensions! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • You know, I'm trying to decide if I want to do a trial or not.

I've got the day of the wedding booked with a stylist (she cut/colored and styled my hair in March...she was nice, professional and I clicked with her, so I knew I was going to book her), but...I HATE having to pay twice.  :| 

I suspect I'll cave and do one, but I'm trying to find a way around it.  :p
  • I'm using my bridal pictures as a trial.  If I don't like the look I'll change it for the big day. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards