November 2013 Weddings

Wedding date dispute, help!

I recently just got engaged. After talking to my fiance and his family we decided that early November 2013 would be when we would like to have our wedding. We want to have it soon because I will be going to school in Montana and we were going to live apart but now since getting engaged things have changed.
I told my mom when we would like to have our wedding and she got very upset because it's soon and because of the possibility of bad weather (I live in northern Idaho) stating that her side of the family wouldn't be able to make it because they would have to travel from California.
I'm stuck on what to do because my future family and I really like the idea of a Fall wedding but my mom seems totally against it. I don't know what to do!

Re: Wedding date dispute, help!

• Is there a reason why you wouldn't be able to wait until next November? As someone who has been planning a November 2013 wedding since November 2011, I can tell you it is going to be a mad rush to get things done in less than 4 months and I wouldn't wish that on my greatest enemy.

The other thing is we on TK always advise brides to base their date around their VIPs. It would seem to me that your mom and other family would be important to have there, so you may want to seriously keep their availability in mind. I'm going to guess your mom is concerned about the short notice more than the weather, and I doubt she is against you having your dream fall wedding- she's just probably shocked you want to make that happen THIS fall.

At the end of the day, you have to decide what is most important- rushing a wedding that may occur without your family there or waiting until a time that works for all involved.

Also, for your Internet safety you may wish to request a username change. It is unwise to use your full name on international forums.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Thanks slytherin!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• button's spot on, as usual.

This.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Simply Fabulous!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards