California-Northern
Options

New knottie here with budget question

I searched back a few pages to see if the had already been posted but I had no luck. Our guest list is approx 30 and our budget is 5k here in the SF Bay Area. What I'd like to know from fellow knotties here is your guest count, budget, AND what percentage your facility-only rental took out of your budget. I've used 'The Knot' budgeter and its advising only $500 for my venue. That seems too low. The app doesn't really let you change things, I'm not having a bridal party, I'm not doing wedding favors, etc. so the budgeter is not perfectly useful for me. I'm using it for reference for things I had no idea would cost what. What would be useful is knowing from other residents the info I requested above. Is this a faux pas request? Seems like everything's fair game on these boards. Thanks in advance!
-anjo (aka the future mrs miley :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: New knottie here with budget question

• Options
    I searched back a few pages to see if the had already been posted but I had no luck. Our guest list is approx 30 and our budget is 5k here in the SF Bay Area. What I'd like to know from fellow knotties here is your guest count, budget, AND what percentage your facility-only rental took out of your budget. I've used 'The Knot' budgeter and its advising only $500 for my venue. That seems too low. The app doesn't really let you change things, I'm not having a bridal party, I'm not doing wedding favors, etc. so the budgeter is not perfectly useful for me. I'm using it for reference for things I had no idea would cost what. What would be useful is knowing from other residents the info I requested above. Is this a faux pas request? Seems like everything's fair game on these boards. Thanks in advance!

It really depends on what kind of venue you want.  If you want a park facility, you can rent those for between $500-1000.  You can also look into community centers, VFW style halls, and can rent those for about $500.00.  If you are looking for a hotel or ballroom, that isn't a reasonable estimate.

For that guest list, you might also consider renting a private facility at a restaurant.  Many of them have private dining rooms that can accomodate that guest list size.

• Options
    When we got married our budget was 4500 and that was a strech to get everything in, and we weren't in a super expensive area.  Our venue ran just about 1000 and that was American Red Cross Hall, we did food our selfs and the photographer was 2000 because that is what lasts.  

I would look for a park, see if you can reserve one with a nice patio area and that may be your best bang for the buck.
  • Options
    I bought this planner book that had tips and tricks. The venue,rentals,food,drink,cake should be 50% of your budget. I don't know if that helps much but within that you can probably try to break it down more to where your  rentals,food,drink,cake should be 50% of the 50%. So if your budget is 5k. the venue would be broken down to around 1250.
  • Options
    We opened up a can of worms for ourselves and decided to get married out of state!  Before we decided that I looked at city-run and parks dept-run event centers and I was finding great prices.  My FH became the budget watcher and I'm so glad because he's more disciplined than I am with spending.

Needless to say, our out of state wedding budget has since increased.  Thanks for the help!
    -anjo (aka the future mrs miley :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

I am in north bay doing a 10 person ceremony with about 40 to 50 for reception. But I am in north bay so I only have pricing for up here.. if you're willing to drive a little

there's a few venues in the 500 to 1000 range, depending on how many people.

Jack london lodge in glen ellen is in that range but you have to have your reception and ceremony there..

sbragia in geyserville is charging me only 500 for 10 people so likely 1000 for more

1000 asti vineyards.

Uhm - firther south there's a bit more affordable sites under or around 1000 in Monterey/Carmel area.

garden farms In walnut creek was pretty affordable...

bound oak was 750-1500 site fee

a lot of people have suggested the Brazilian room I think in Berkley which had affordable rates as well.

Contact me directly if you have any questions about north bay pricing, as I have emailed about 40 or so vendors in the area!

Happy hunting

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards