May 2014 Weddings

DJ at small wedding?

So my wedding guest list will be no more than 150 people. It will probably be even smaller just because me and FI are very intimate people and only want to share our day with our closest family and friends. We do not see the point of  inviting 500 plus people we have not seen in over a year. So far the wedding planning is going great. My mom is paying for a very nice caterer and we are providing an open bar for our guests. However, it is very important to me and my FI that we have a first dance and we love to dance and have several friends that like to dance as well. My question is, will it be a waste of money hiring a DJ for a small wedding? 

Re: DJ at small wedding?

• So 150 is really not a small wedding. I guess it you are comparing it to 500 but in general speaking 150 is not small. If you want a DJ get one. Its your day, Enjoy it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • 150 people is definitely not a small wedding. I think that's the perfect size wedding to have a fun party atmosphere with a DJ. We aren't having a DJ, but we are only having 25 guests.
  • Thanks! I wish we could get away with only having 25 guests. We originally wanted a destination wedding but realized it would be too difficult for our grandparents and it was more important to have them there on our wedding day. But when you get married close to home, that means the guest list grows as well. 
  • We were originally going to have a destination wedding also so we could keep our list small, but our parents were going to have too much trouble travelling. We are getting married at home now, but decided to keep the guest list the same as it was for the DW. I know some people were upset about it, but it is what it is. We wanted a small wedding so that's what we're having.
  • Thanks! I wish we could get away with only having 25 guests. We originally wanted a destination wedding but realized it would be too difficult for our grandparents and it was more important to have them there on our wedding day. But when you get married close to home, that means the guest list grows as well
    It doesn't have to. Invite only those most important to you if that's what you want. Don't let anyone pressure you to invite more people than you want if they are not helping pay for the wedding.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I agree with PP 150 is not that small of a wedding wedding to me either. Our guest count is at the same number and it started at 100. We are having a DJ at our wedding. I feel 150 is enough that you get to enjoy your guests and actually spend time with them. 
  • Thanks y'all! I feel better about it now. One of my moms co-workers knows some good local DJs that are not too pricey so we will be checking that out soon!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards